Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger availability in TX during busy holiday periods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electroman

Aug 18, 2012
TX
This topic is to discuss any SpC congestions (or lack of) in TX and surrounding states during busy holiday periods like Thanksgiving, Christmas and July 4th weekends.

I did drive between Dallas and Houston and back on Thursday (Thanksgiving day) and the next day, Black Friday. Zero issues. Zero wait times. The car said there will be a brief 5 minute wait in Madisonville Bucees, and when I went there one car pulled out just as I was rolling in, and so I did not have any wait. When I came back 25 minutes later there were 6 spots (out of 24) free. The charging speeds were just normal, hitting close to 230 kw when close to empty and ramping down as expected. Car was always ready before me.

Plenty of free slots on the way back the next day.

How was Dallas-Austin, Houston-Austin sector, anyone? San Antonio? How about Dallas to Amarillo and west ?

I am thinking the big bottlenecks in TX will be south of Corpus Christy towards Boca-Chica during SpaceX launch days. That place needs a ton more SpCs I would think. But the usage will be light during all times except SpaceX activity.

stopped by the bucees in baytown, on way to lake charles, this past saturday (12/16) around 10:30 am.

only like 5-6 cars charging out of 12 stations. i saw about 3 more cars pulling in as i was leaving.

all the times i've stopped by there, it has never been completely full at the charging stations.

Reactions: Electroman