Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Service - 4 Service Trips No Fix Auto Present Door Handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging by my experiences with the Bellevue, WA, service center which has been nothing but absolutely exceptional, I'd say this was more of a local management issue than something endemic to Tesla.

The Bellevue Service Center is awesome! Maddy, the service advisor there has been exceptional! The great thing is that she doesn't come from a service advisor background with other car service dealerships. She has a "can do" mentality unlike my Benz dealership that has a "let me give you every silly explanation" as to why we can't fix it mentality.

I'm sure Menlo Park will get their act together. It's in an area with a lot of Tesla's and they would be making a big mistake to alienate their fans.

Last edited:
@ logan
G63 AMG, CLS550, S550, Challenger SRT8, Fiat 500
One of these is not like the others. What's the story there?

Sorry for the OT.

I'm a bit surprised Menlo Park is still so horrible. Wasn't it one of the first Tesla service centers opened in Tesla's home state? In such an adapt-or-die industry one would think these problems would be solved in days or weeks rather than months or years. Especially with the company's service reputation on the line. Lack of personnel and resources should not be an excuse after almost a year for one of the Tesla's most high-traffic service centers. An executive or two at Tesla needs either a kick in the ass or a pink slip.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your service issues. Unfortunately I can relate.

As for the auto presenting handles, I've noticed that in my situation that if my FOB is in the same pocket as my iPhone, the handles won't work and the car won't notice the key to turn on.

Best of luck!

The Bellevue Service Center is awesome! Maddy, the service advisor there has been exceptional! The great thing is that she doesn't came from a service advisor background with other car service dealerships. She has a "can do" mentality unlike my Benz dealership that has a "let me give you every silly explanation" as to why we can't fix it mentality.

I'm sure Menlo Park will get their act together. It's in an area with a lot of Tesla's and they would be making a big mistake to alienate their fans.

Yeah, Maddy is awesome, as is the Bellevue Service Center. Maddy went out of her way to call me personally on the day they announced the recall to inform me my car was impacted, and to setup an appointment to get it fixed.

I just got my "faulty" door handle finally replaced last week. I've been waiting since April 28th. I'm not so much saying it was horrible service...just...um... a little bumpy. And the odd thing is they replaced my 12 volt for the second time also. My husband was insisting they were pushing the fix into 3rd quarter for better 2nd quarter results LOL! :wink:

Sorry to hear about your service issues. Unfortunately I can relate.

As for the auto presenting handles, I've noticed that in my situation that if my FOB is in the same pocket as my iPhone, the handles won't work and the car won't notice the key to turn on.

Best of luck!

For the record, I've noticed the same iPhone problem with the prius keys.

For the record, I've noticed the same iPhone problem with the prius keys.

So, a signal interference issue then?

Does it only happen if the devices are in the same pocket (ie: right next to each other) or do they conflict if they are even close (ie: within several inches/feet?)

So, a signal interference issue then?

Does it only happen if the devices are in the same pocket (ie: right next to each other) or do they conflict if they are even close (ie: within several inches/feet?)

My iPhone is in my shirt pocket and the fob is in my pants pocket. No interference issues with either the Model S (6700 miles) or the Prius (150,000 miles). However, it's well known that having both in the same pocket will cause either type of fob to have connectivity issues. And if the fob's battery is weak, having the house and other keys on the "outside" will block enough of the signal to cause interference problems (assumes you have a fair number of other keys, not just one or two).