Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is definitely some batching going on, and now they have started to include RHD orders like mine it only gets more complicated.
Pretty sure they must have put aside some VINs for us as I only confirmed June 5 2014 and I got my VIN 469xx almost immediately, certainly within a day.
Don't be too upset as I placed my reservation May 31, 2012! :cool:
DS has quoted August delivery which includes 20 days on the boat across the pacific, I'm thinking that's optimistic but happy to be proven wrong.

I bet your close! Mine went in on the 10th day out, but I am a lot further away. I wouldn't pay until it went "In Production", big day for my checking account today!
Thanks for the pep talk !

I have been checking My Tesla several times a day like a freak. We are ready to fund but chose to wait until the day before to avoid extra days interest. And like my CU was saying, what if it falls off the truck or something and you don't take delivery as planned. I guess she has a point! I'll wait a little longer to pay LOL.

Interesting seeing OLL's info...I ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/17, but I am still showing "late August"...1 week later on the order, couple days earlier with confirm, 2 potential months later to receive...no vin...P85 ordered...this July shutdown really seems to have set a massive delay...sorry to vent/complain, but the excitement/buzz fades rapidly daily...

- - - Updated - - -

Now seeing llngoc's post rubs the salt in the wound...

You may consider asking for a Factory delivery on 06/30 ...

I have a European delivery, which will probably be different all together, for example 6 weeks extra for the shipping.
But I confirmed on May 6th, got VIN 45415 on May 21st and is in sourcing, with August as delivery.
I'm also monitoring a lot of dates from many of you to see if my production will start before or after the close, or even just before Q2 close.

Typical confirmed to production is often just below 2 months, which brings me around that deadline.

Then again, as others have said, there is no logical order in the VIN assignments to production and since I'm a European delivery it may all be totally different for me.
Good idea to figure out who will be my DS.
Anyway above dates may help, with some statistics.

We are ready to fund but chose to wait until the day before to avoid extra days interest. And like my CU was saying, what if it falls off the truck or something and you don't take delivery as planned. I guess she has a point! I'll wait a little longer to pay LOL.
In my case, Tesla wanted me to pay by June 9th, so I closed on the loan on the 4th and Tesla got the checks on the 6th. I'm not sure why they wanted it so early while others are fine paying shortly before delivery.

I can feel for you but I think I am local to the factory and TSLA is trying to boost the quarter end number so they need to deliver the last couple of days' production to someone who can take delivery as soon as it is rolling off the production line. They must be working a mad dash during the last week as I was originally offered a 6/29 Sunday late afternoon delivery. Now I am hoping that the mad dash does not equate to QC rush too. (knock on wood)

Interesting seeing OLL's info...I ordered 5/16, confirmed 5/17, but I am still showing "late August"...1 week later on the order, couple days earlier with confirm, 2 potential months later to receive...no vin...P85 ordered...this July shutdown really seems to have set a massive delay...sorry to vent/complain, but the excitement/buzz fades rapidly daily...

- - - Updated - - -

Now seeing llngoc's post rubs the salt in the wound...

In my case, Tesla wanted me to pay by June 9th, so I closed on the loan on the 4th and Tesla got the checks on the 6th. I'm not sure why they wanted it so early while others are fine paying shortly before delivery.
The difference is whether you are taking delivery directly from Tesla or via a third party shipping company. For vehicles that are shipped, the vehicle leaves Tesla's possesion when it is loaded onto the truck, so they need payment in advance of that. If you pick it up at a service center, Tesla has control of the vehicle right up to delivery and can wait for payment until that time.

Yeah that's strange. I literally brought my check to delivery and paid them right there.

I was given the option to pay my down-payment on MyTesla with ACH debit from my bank account. It mentioned something about 2-4 days to post to your account, so I did it yesterday (week out), but will not fund the loan through Alliant until 13th. I'd rather pay a few bucks extra in interest and go into delivery knowing its already mine!

Do they send an email to you when the status changes or do you just have to keep looking on their site?
I keep looking at the site....
I've actually looked at it way more since going into production, worrying that it's some sort of fluke, and will switch back to sourcing parts at any time. I've heard of that happening to a few folks in the past. So far so good!

It looks like they delay the build process on the cars picked up at the factory about the same amount of time as it takes to deliver the cars to outside pickup points. So even if you purchased the same day as someone having their car delivered outside the plant... the plant pick up cars build date is started later so cars arrive to the owners about the same date.

I confirmed my purchase the same date as ajw and will pick up the end of June but my car is not moved to the build status.

It looks like they delay the build process on the cars picked up at the factory about the same amount of time as it takes to deliver the cars to outside pickup points. So even if you purchased the same day as someone having their car delivered outside the plant... the plant pick up cars build date is started later so cars arrive to the owners about the same date.

I confirmed my purchase the same date as ajw and will pick up the end of June but my car is not moved to the build status.
That makes sense, that way the estimated delivery in the design studio is accurate without having to check your location (with exception of the regional sites).

:crying: Just checked in to TMC "My Tesla" to see if there was anything new on my order... this is what it said

"Would you please give it a rest... you have logged in to check the status more than 30 time just today. Get a life. If you check one more time today we will bump your start date another week"

Last edited:
:crying: Just checked in to TMC "My Tesla" to see if there was anything new on my order... this is what it said

"Would you please give it a rest... you have logged in to check the status more than 30 time just today. Get a life. If you check one more time today we will bump your start date another week"

LOL:biggrin: i keep refreshing too and nothin ... i don't think i'm up to 30 today but close ...

Yeah I confirmed on 24th of May and have September as delivery, so looks like we both have a bit of a long haul ahead of us. Doesn't stop me from refreshing My Tesla an embarrassing number of times per day. In fact, I'm feeling the urge right now.... >.>

It seemed strange that some people would be days away from delivery of their car yet their My Tesla dashboard still said "sourcing parts." UNLESS the dashboard is manually controlled by the DS, there is no way that this makes sense. Otherwise, the delivery date would also change. I became convinced that these are manual entries when Elctrek posted his "Get a life" comment. Remember, the DS controls when the MVPA appears on the dashboard so it makes sense that other entries are controlled by the DS. If I am right, then I hope that did not disappoint anyone.