Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Simpson VIN 57160 is quite out of sequence. Confirmed earlier this month and delivery the same month? I ordered in August, but estimated delivery Late November, yet VIN only 400 higher.

Location? California. Tesla is pumping out lots of cars out of sequence in an attempt to get them delivered sooner and meet or beat their quarterly delivery numbers. Best way to do that? Build cars that only need to be delivered a short distance away.

Location? California. Tesla is pumping out lots of cars out of sequence in an attempt to get them delivered sooner and meet or beat their quarterly delivery numbers. Best way to do that? Build cars that only need to be delivered a short distance away.

I dont think that's entirely true. I confirmed on 8/7 and I'm getting a Late Nov delivery date. I order a P85+, and live in San Francisco, picking up locally at the Fremont Location. So, it doesn't seem like i'm getting much of a priority delivery unlike what is stated on the website, and i'm not getting it early even being local.

- - - Updated - - -

The Simpson VIN 57160 is quite out of sequence. Confirmed earlier this month and delivery the same month? I ordered in August, but estimated delivery Late November, yet VIN only 400 higher.

You're not alone. I ordered a P85+ and I'm picking up locally at Fremont! what gives? =(

I dont think that's entirely true. I confirmed on 8/7 and I'm getting a Late Nov delivery date. I order a P85+, and live in San Francisco, picking up locally at the Fremont Location. So, it doesn't seem like i'm getting much of a priority delivery unlike what is stated on the website, and i'm not getting it early even being local.

Correct, it's not entirely true--I'm not saying that everyone who ordered in a certain timeframe and who lives closer to Fremont is prioritized over everyone else--there are other factors as well, such as vehicle configuration, availability of parts, and perhaps even luck of the draw of how your VIN is sequenced. But where possible, the evidence is certainly pointing to Tesla trying to prioritize nearby deliveries because it looks like this quarter's delivery numbers were threatened by the line reconfiguration which ended up taking longer than anticipated.

Given that the new sensors are requiring changes to the headliner. I suspect some of the sequencing is due to trying to use up the old headliner parts. They probably want that done before they announce the new features so they can be sure all the cars from that point have the feature. There's probably other part changes like this that interact with options to push some builds forward.

Given that the new sensors are requiring changes to the headliner. I suspect some of the sequencing is due to trying to use up the old headliner parts. They probably want that done before they announce the new features so they can be sure all the cars from that point have the feature. There's probably other part changes like this that interact with options to push some builds forward.

Well - if I can get some of the new toys, I'd be more than happy to wait a few weeks longer. I drove a car with adaptive cruise for the the first time this past weekend, and would LOVE to have the ability to add it or turn it on later - even at an added cost.

I have seen 8137x post saying they went into prod on 3/4 - but that is one of the Vin #s that was given a 2nd Vin, and I think the prior vin # was about 77xxx.

However, there are other "Tracking..." threads which have spreadsheets on page 1 of the forum thread which are useful. This one looks abandoned.