Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seemed strange that some people would be days away from delivery of their car yet their My Tesla dashboard still said "sourcing parts." UNLESS the dashboard is manually controlled by the DS, there is no way that this makes sense. Otherwise, the delivery date would also change. I became convinced that these are manual entries when Elctrek posted his "Get a life" comment. Remember, the DS controls when the MVPA appears on the dashboard so it makes sense that other entries are controlled by the DS. If I am right, then I hope that did not disappoint anyone.

I was just kidding with that post... sorry

@PRidge +1

Ordered on 5/11, confirmed on 5/13. Finally got my VIN yesterday, 6/9. Called today and the Ownership Advisor, who told me to expect delivery around beginning on July, is no longer there! He moved to China! My estimated delivery moved to Late August. I called then it was moved to Late July. I called again today and was told by the new guy that for a P85 order it should be sooner than late July. He said let him try to expedite it. Tonight, it was changed to August!!!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I am beginning to be p****d. What is going on here? After having read these posts, I will have to call him again in the morning. My VIN is 47278.

Model is S85 blue/tan with pano, tech, air, audio, premium light, parking sensors, infamous parcel shelf and yacht floor. Confirmed on 4/30 with a delivery date that has been 6/26 since forever but no firm schedule yet.

I confirmed for a P85 on 5/13. Now delivery date is August! It was bouncing around from early July to mid July to late August, then to late July then now to August. Did not get my VIN until 6/10.
From the looks of it, you confirmed just about the point in the ordering where the people who confirmed before you would be built near the end of June. The plant then will shut down from early July through some time later in July. 10-15 days maybe? I guess they don't know for sure until it is done. Once up and running again, your "job" (as they call it in auto-building) can be scheduled soon after and built and shipped. I bet they move you up to early August if the plant is up by mid-July. But mid-August seems appropriate given the shutdown schedule.