Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Audi dealer this morning, picking up a friend who dropped off his car service, and saw a red 85 Tesla for sale there. It had the tech package, but no parking sensors. EV plate 2790. No price on the windshield and the sales vultures weren't out yet to ask.

Thought Akikiki sold his car again for a new one....but it wasn't a P85 =)

Might call audi to ask about pricing.

I was at the Audi dealer this morning, picking up a friend who dropped off his car service, and saw a red 85 Tesla for sale there. It had the tech package, but no parking sensors. EV plate 2790. No price on the windshield and the sales vultures weren't out yet to ask.

No ma'am, not me, not mine. I have bought the last car that I will ever need to buy.

Last edited:

A colleague of mine test drove it when he took his audi in. He said they told him they bought it from the JN exotics dealership, who got it on a trade in for a ferrari or something.

I was wondering why someone would trade a Tesla for an Audi ...or for any other car besides another Tesla :smile:

I was thinking the same thing. So I started to think what could get someone to give up their Tesla. It got kinda depressing. Lost job and can't keep up with the payments so trade down. Moving from a house to an apartment and the daunting challenge of having to find out how to charge. A couple going through a divorce and have to sell the Tesla. Moving to Afghanistan. I don't think I would ever willingly give up my Model S for anything, except maybe a newer Tesla (like Nanimac said).

I was thinking the same thing. So I started to think what could get someone to give up their Tesla. It got kinda depressing. Lost job and can't keep up with the payments so trade down. Moving from a house to an apartment and the daunting challenge of having to find out how to charge. A couple going through a divorce and have to sell the Tesla. Moving to Afghanistan. I don't think I would ever willingly give up my Model S for anything, except maybe a newer Tesla (like Nanimac said).

I think I have seen ads for MS before at car dealerships. Though we are all happy with ours, we don't know the mindset of others. And we got to remember that what the dealerships tell us are not always the truth. Maybe the person sold it so that they can get a better MS. I remember buying a used white Prius 2010 model that was practically brand new from Servco. I was told that it was a manager who ordered it but then didn't like the interior. They told me that they turned around and bought another model.

Gigawatts went to test drive the Tesla today....Asking $89K, 8,000 miles on it...VIN#94xx. Pricing seems like not much lower than a new one.

Here are some pictures.

Options that I could see.

Pano sunroof
Air Suspension
Premium Sound System with sub woofer
I'm sure I missed some stuff

I did not know how to check for dual chargers or not :( sorry.

Audi is asking $89K 8,000 Miles as Nanimac said VIN#94XX.

The car drives like a dream after all only 8K miles on it.

It was very hard to walk away and not take it home :( I hope this Tesla can find a new home soon.

Let me know if anyone is interested I might be able to help with the pricing...
2014-03-21 11.36.53.jpg
2014-03-21 11.37.49.jpg
2014-03-21 12.18.12.jpg

Here are some pictures.

Options that I could see.

Pano sunroof
Air Suspension
Premium Sound System with sub woofer
I'm sure I missed some stuff

I did not know how to check for dual chargers or not :( sorry.

Audi is asking $89K 8,000 Miles as Nanimac said VIN#94XX.

The car drives like a dream after all only 8K miles on it.

It was very hard to walk away and not take it home :( I hope this Tesla can find a new home soon.

Let me know if anyone is interested I might be able to help with the pricing...
View attachment 45486View attachment 45487View attachment 45488

Very nice. Now I'm missing my Tessie!

Got good news, though. The repairs were approved by my insurance company. Parts should come in next week. It should only take a week to finish.

akikiki,

Yes, I will let you know. By the way, I got a call from my insurance company. Initially, I was told that it would be covered under Comprehensive since they thought that the wind blew the log and the log hit my car. I did explain it to the first person that the wind did blow the log into the street but that the log rolled diagonally down the street and I could not stop in time to avoid hitting it. Well, the insurance adjuster put in that they thought I rolled over it which I did. So, because of this, they are having it covered under Collision, which is a higher deductible. Fortunately, because I couldn't avoid hitting it without hitting someone's house, mail box or street light, they are having it classified as no fault. So my premiums are not supposed to go up. I guess Acts of God or vandalism is considered Comprehensive and rolling over stuff is Collision. I didn't know that.

Just updated to 5.9...am now waiting to charge fully to see how much the rated range has improved...supposed to be a big correction in calculation for 40kwh...fingers crossed :wink:

Anyone else update?

Update: Full charge done...rated range up to 136 from 124 miles..hasn't been this high since last summer! I wonder if this is now the "true" rated range..lol

also, you can set the suspension to lower now..I set mine for 60+ mph

Last edited:
Just updated to 5.9...am now waiting to charge fully to see how much the rated range has improved...supposed to be a big correction in calculation for 40kwh...fingers crossed :wink:

Anyone else update?

Update: Full charge done...rated range up to 136 from 124 miles..hasn't been this high since last summer! I wonder if this is now the "true" rated range..lol

also, you can set the suspension to lower now..I set mine for 60+ mph

Very cool. Can't wait to get my Tessie back to the suspension.

This is weird. Usually I am among the first to get updates pushed to my car. I wonder if it's random how they push the updates out or if there's some kind of algorithm that they use. I'm looking forward to getting the lowered suspension at speed back too.

Forgot to mention that the lowered suspension setting is specific to each driver profile. I set mine last night and was wondering why it wasn't lowering on the freeway today...figured out that i had set it in my "exit" driver profile and not my usual driver profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.