Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is the log I hit, sitting on the side of the road.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OH NOOOO!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE... SERIOUSLY, THIS IS NOT NICE. I don't mean for that to sound like the damage is terrible. I am saying that any damage is terrible. DR, I am so sorry this happened.

In your area, is bulk pickup supposed to occur on Monday morning? Bulk pickup is not supposed to occur until the night before. That would be Sunday night and not already out there. If you can find who owns the log, this could be on them - their home owners insurance for placing debris or an obstacle in the road/curb that was not authorized to be there.

I am sick for you.

Should we start a kitty to fund a spare MS so when one of ours is broke, anyone can borrow the spare MS? I got a dollar.

OH NOOOO!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE... SERIOUSLY, THIS IS NOT NICE. I don't mean for that to sound like the damage is terrible. I am saying that any damage is terrible. DR, I am so sorry this happened.

In your area, is bulk pickup supposed to occur on Monday morning? Bulk pickup is not supposed to occur until the night before. That would be Sunday night and not already out there. If you can find who owns the log, this could be on them - their home owners insurance for placing debris or an obstacle in the road/curb that was not authorized to be there.

I am sick for you.

Should we start a kitty to fund a spare MS so when one of ours is broke, anyone can borrow the spare MS? I got a dollar.

I am fine. I will have to drive my Prius for now. Bulk pick up is the 4th Monday of the month, so obviously it was put too soon. The problem is that I don't know which house it came from. I will see if the owner of the log actually retrieves from the street or if they just leave on the street. Maybe I should file a police report as the repairs will be under my insurance.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I know we all feel the pain together. One of the bright points is that I am going to be traveling soon for two weeks so I wont' be needing to drive my MS for that time. The other bright point is that I do have another car I can drive for now. The hard part is that I am so used to driving the MS that driving the Prius is hard.

Ouch! I feel your pain - I hit a christmas tree at night once in one of my previous vehicles. It had rolled onto the highway from the curb and it was too dark too see until it was too late. Just glad you're safe and it's only the car that was injured. Good thing is we all drive such amazingly safe vehicles. My guess is the green fluid is either the AC coolant. It's really the only liquid in the car near the front besides washer fluid, which I would hope isn't isn't green. :tongue:

PS - You guys should go check out the recent post and video over on the Tesla blog if you haven't seen it. The Tesla driver was sideswiped by a speeding M5 at a four-way stop. He and his passengers got out and walked away safe, but the BMW flipped over several times and sustained an incredible amount of damage, including the rear wheel and suspension came completely off the car.

PPS - Interesting to hear about the Tesla-certified body shop issue. Please keep us posted on how the discussions go between your insurance and TM. I hope I will never need to know, but it would be interesting to hear how this gets resolved.

I believe the green liquid is the battery coolant. The battery has a fluid that circulates to keep the battery at a constant tempature. The AC would use a freon like gas/lquid similar to ICE. I think the green that you are thinking of is the antifreeze that normally leaks after a front hit because the radiator is damaged. (It really doesn't matter what it is, its just speculation on our part and nuthin' we can do about it, and the Tesla folks or their certified shop will repair the leak and refill the coolant. :)

Saw a couple of Tesla owners at the FHB Auto Show today. dsmith2189 and Leeward. dsmith and I wore Tesla shirts and people stopped and asked us where our exhibit was 'cus they want to see the car. Blue Planet had his Roadster there, but there was no S. So dsmith and I just entertained folks talking about our cars and TM. That was really fun. Wish there had been a Model S.

I believe the green liquid is the battery coolant. The battery has a fluid that circulates to keep the battery at a constant tempature. The AC would use a freon like gas/lquid similar to ICE. I think the green that you are thinking of is the antifreeze that normally leaks after a front hit because the radiator is damaged. (It really doesn't matter what it is, its just speculation on our part and nuthin' we can do about it, and the Tesla folks or their certified shop will repair the leak and refill the coolant. :)

Saw a couple of Tesla owners at the FHB Auto Show today. dsmith2189 and Leeward. dsmith and I wore Tesla shirts and people stopped and asked us where our exhibit was 'cus they want to see the car. Blue Planet had his Roadster there, but there was no S. So dsmith and I just entertained folks talking about our cars and TM. That was really fun. Wish there had been a Model S.
from looking at the new cars, I would not trade my MS for anything. 'Cept probably that 1910 Model T:biggrin:
I was disappointed with Tesla not being there. All those people there making decisions for what their next car will be. (whether in the next week or next 5 years.) They may have heard about the MS but actually seeing it in person and getting a test drive would have translated to sales.

Ugh! Driving up my hill to go home today, I hit a log rolling down the road. It was left out for bulk pick up. It hit the front passenger side of the car. Now I have green fluid leaking out and the wheel well is pushed in. Waiting to hear back from Roadside Assistance to tow the car to the SC after I talked with Tesla Service.

Look on the bright side. at least it wasn't a piece of scaffolding or part of a trailer hitch.:biggrin:

An update. Tessie was towed to the SC where we met with the insurance adjuster. The SC staff got her up on the lifts and surveyed the damage. The log I hit damaged a metal cross piece and that is why the front part of the wheel well is pushed towards the tire. The metal cross piece pulled the hose connection to the radiator, causing it to leak from there. From the gross estimate, the metal cross piece, the radiator and the plastic parts hiding all this look like they need to be replaced. Fortunately, all the work can be done. Once the staff at the SC come up with the inventory list that is needed and send it to the adjuster and it gets approved, they can then work on fixing Tessie. Probably the longest part of this is waiting for parts. So it may be at least a couple of weeks to be done. There is a new face that is now around: The Tesla Frown. :(

An update. Tessie was towed to the SC where we met with the insurance adjuster. The SC staff got her up on the lifts and surveyed the damage. The log I hit damaged a metal cross piece and that is why the front part of the wheel well is pushed towards the tire. The metal cross piece pulled the hose connection to the radiator, causing it to leak from there. From the gross estimate, the metal cross piece, the radiator and the plastic parts hiding all this look like they need to be replaced. Fortunately, all the work can be done. Once the staff at the SC come up with the inventory list that is needed and send it to the adjuster and it gets approved, they can then work on fixing Tessie. Probably the longest part of this is waiting for parts. So it may be at least a couple of weeks to be done. There is a new face that is now around: The Tesla Frown. :(

What...no loaner MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.