Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting stats on Teslas in Hawaii in this article today: Registrations of new vehicles in isles jump 24 percent Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, Editorial, Features, Travel and Business - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - Hawaii Newspaper

Some of it is false. There were a handful of Tesla registrations in 2012, not zero.

When I picked up my S in mid-March this year, I asked Barry how many there were on the island and he didn't know the exact number but he said he thought I was in the high teens, and maybe low 20's. I can't read the link above so can't see the number of Tesla's registered in 2013 but I would think 2012 had a dozen or fewer.

Today my Tesla is officially one year old, and I just had my one year service performed.

I have 9,500 miles on the car and I had to replace my 21” tires which were down to 3/32” (back) and 5.5/32” (front) on the treads. The minimum allowable tread depth is 2/32”. It cost me $1,700 to get four new tires. That just ate up a lot of my gas savings for the year.

I guess the recommendation is to rotate the tires every 5k-6k miles, which I didn’t do the first year. Might have been able to squeeze another 1k-2k miles more out of the tires that way.

My infatuation with the car has turned to love. I knew I was getting a game changer when I put down my reservation and so far I haven’t been disappointed.

Today my Tesla is officially one year old, and I just had my one year service performed.

I have 9,500 miles on the car and I had to replace my 21” tires which were down to 3/32” (back) and 5.5/32” (front) on the treads. The minimum allowable tread depth is 2/32”. It cost me $1,700 to get four new tires. That just ate up a lot of my gas savings for the year.

I guess the recommendation is to rotate the tires every 5k-6k miles, which I didn’t do the first year. Might have been able to squeeze another 1k-2k miles more out of the tires that way.

My infatuation with the car has turned to love. I knew I was getting a game changer when I put down my reservation and so far I haven’t been disappointed.

It's amazing that it's been a year already! Most people don't get it when I say I LOVE my car...am glad we have this forum to share our thoughts with all the great owners who understand what I mean :)

It's ridiculous, yes. But it doesn't stop some of us. Once I put my deposit down and began my 2 week finalization window, I called the guys at the SC and arranged a visit. While there I wanted to see the trim options mainly as I was stuck between the carbon finer and matte obeche. Getting to see them in person was worth the trip as the carbon fiber looks way different in person than it does online. I opted for the matte obeche and love it.

I was also planning on getting the 19" tires and once I saw them next to the 21's, I was sold on the 21" tires. Nothing against the 19's, but I like the look of the 21" turbines better. But yeah, it's going to be harder on the wallet in the long run.

Bruce007, have you visited the SC yet? If you're still within your configuration window I would suggest it to see many of the options in person. There's usually several cars there being prepped for delivery so you can see various combinations.

BTW, the red roadster that's there is for sale. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. I love my MS. What's not to love.

Status
Not open for further replies.