Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gmtom1, I am going to make a special trip to the SC on Saturday and pat your car on its "head" just so I can say that I saw it before you.

I too like the word that StephanM coined and nanimac repeated to fit this problem, Teslanxiety. She gave the feeling a name. Perfect. Its a powerful feeling. Your blood with get hotter, your skin will get clammy, your palms will sweat, your eyes will water, shortness of breath, your foot will involuntarily stomp the floor. But have fun with Teslanxiety. Its a good feeling. Think of it as you did when you were a kid and it was your "stuff" under the Christmas tree. Ride the wave of this feeling. Get up every morning and think about how nice its going to be to look in your living room and see your MS. (You will be parking it in the living room for the first 5-6 months, right?) We all did/do.

I regress. My point is, your first Tesla. Its an exciting time. The anticipation is a good feeling. Have fun with that. Enjoy it. After all, once you have the car, its just another boring method of transportation, huh? NOT ! NOT ! NOT !! Its a life changing event.

Okay, gmtom1. Gimme your comments. I can't wait to hear ya.

Last edited:
Hahaha, thanks everyone for the comments & support. I've already exhibited symptoms:
  • Spent the last hour organizing and cleaning the tags on my music collection on my 64GB flash drive
  • Put everything I need for the car in a box by my desk ready to go(safety check bracket, LED lights for the license plate, Costco LED motion lights for the frunk/trunk, CaseLogic fob case)
  • Filled out my G-26 and G-27 forms
  • Read and re-read the registration tips and tricks twice already
  • Going to watch the walkthrough video for what's probably my fifth time this weekend

Fortunately, I've got a full plate at work right now, which is helping to semi-distract me.

gmtom1, I am going to make a special trip to the SC on Saturday and pat your car on its "head" just so I can say that I saw it before you.

I too like the word that nanimac coined to fit this problem, Teslanxiety. She gave the feeling a name. Perfect. Its a powerful feeling. Your blood with get hotter, your skin will get clammy, your palms will sweat, your eyes will water, shortness of breath, your foot will involuntarily stomp the floor. But have fun with Teslanxiety. Its a good feeling. Think of it as you did when you were a kid and it was your "stuff" under the Christmas tree. Ride the wave of this feeling. Get up every morning and think about how nice its going to be to look in your living room and see your MS. (You will be parking it in the living room for the first 5-6 months, right?) We all did/do.

I regress. My point is, your first Tesla. Its an exciting time. The anticipation is a good feeling. Have fun with that. Enjoy it. After all, once you have the car, its just another boring method of transportation, huh? NOT ! NOT ! NOT !! Its a life changing event.

Okay, gmtom1. Gimme your comments. I can't wait to hear ya.

Akiki, I like your description. Unlike other anxieties, this is a good one. And the best part is that in the end, it was well worth the wait and Teslanxiety. Driving it for the first time, my hands got sweaty, worried about hitting every bump and getting used to driving it. I don't think I've lost my Tesla grin. Heck, I am on the forum everyday now just looking for tips to make it better. And unlike the sometimes disappointed feeling you get when you have opened all your presents, this present lasts for a long time. We don't get tired about talking about our MS. We are more than willing to share our joy with others around us.

It is truly a life changing event. So, gmtom1, enjoy your new MS. We all share in your joy once you get it. You too will have the Tesla grin for months and maybe years to come.

gmtom1, trust me when I say that Luke and Barry have seen worse behavior from impatient Tesla owners (or soon-to-be owners). I waived detailing and delivery walk through to ensure I would get my car before the weekend. I had bugged them with enough phone calls inquiring about delivery day/time during that week that they threw the keys at me and said have fun (or leave me alone already, I forget which one is more accurate). I was really trying hard not to be THAT CUSTOMER, but Tesla makes me irrational.
Excited for you!

gmtom1, trust me when I say that Luke and Barry have seen worse behavior from impatient Tesla owners (or soon-to-be owners). I waived detailing and delivery walk through to ensure I would get my car before the weekend. I had bugged them with enough phone calls inquiring about delivery day/time during that week that they threw the keys at me and said have fun (or leave me alone already, I forget which one is more accurate). I was really trying hard not to be THAT CUSTOMER, but Tesla makes me irrational.
Excited for you!

Bringing snacks/food for them helps too :)

Haha, well that's comforting to know that StephenM set a pretty high bar for me. :smile:

Actually, I have a lot going on this week, which is helping to distract me from the wait, but it would be an awesome surprise if I got a call saying I could pick her up earlier than Tuesday! (Friday afternoon would be sweet, if Luke or Barry are lurking on this forum).......

Still no luck on connecting with the mobile app - says no vehicles in MyTesla account. They must have changed something to "disconnect" the vehicle from your profile until delivery.

gmtom1, Your Tesla account has both a userid/handle and an email address. I suspect you are using your userid/handle to log in to My Tesla all the time. Right? BUT, on the App, you MUST use your Tesla email account and password. Then if things are right, you should see the last 5 characters of your VIN in the left top corner. Do you?
If you login with your email address and don't see your last-5 VIN, call Tesla Ownership Experience and tell them. Tell them that your "account" is not displaying your VIN on the App. Even if the Remote feature is turned off on the Car, you should see the VIN. So telling them before you get the car will improve the timeline of getting them to add your VIN by the time you get the car. Remember, you don't use your userid/handle to log in to the app. Use your email address that Tesla sends you stuff.

Pssst, In the interest of protecting our identities, its a good idea to not use an email address as our name for thread replies. Not on TM or TMC (or anyplace else). If one is using an email address, its a good idea to contact the SysAdmin and ask them to change the handle/userid that is being used to a different name. Simply remove the @something.com from your handle/login so its not exposed. Someone could be harvesting that info and using it elsewhere or even something as annoying as spamming you because they didn't like what you wrote on a forum. Sounds highly unlikely, but ya never know.

Last edited:
Heard back from ownership today re: the app. They said the car is not activated in their systems until after you take delivery. But not a big deal since I found out I can go get my car tomorrow afternoon instead of Tuesday! :love: Apparently something unexpected is happening at the SC that they have to close down the SC starting Saturday through Tuesday. He said I'll find out what that is tomorrow when I go pickup the car.

all, Back when nanimac was picking up her car, I was at the SC too. Barry said they are "expanding". They are currently in Suite 1, but they are going to get Suite 2 and Suite 3. Suite 3 will become the front office/customer lounge. He didn't say how they would use Suite 2. Suite 1 will remain the shop. So chances are that this weekend thru Monday, they are moving and setting up at the other rooms. But we can depend on gmtom1 to give us the skinny when he gets it.

gmtom1, Happy for you that you are getting the car. What time is your appointment. Don't forget to take your camera. WE NEED PICTURES. All of us here will be thinking of you.

Heard back from ownership today re: the app. They said the car is not activated in their systems until after you take delivery. But not a big deal since I found out I can go get my car tomorrow afternoon instead of Tuesday! :love: Apparently something unexpected is happening at the SC that they have to close down the SC starting Saturday through Tuesday. He said I'll find out what that is tomorrow when I go pickup the car.

I'm bringing my car in for service on Monday and Luke emailed and said they were having the shop floors done so service center was closed. They're farming out the work on my car so i'm just going there to swap out my car for a loaner P85 :)

CONGRATS gmtom1...how exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.