Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Was there any estimated delivery time frame yet? Assuming it's later this year.

Nope, just the standard late 2016. I was really hoping that TM would include us in the Meet X tour, so I could check out the 6 vs. 7 seat in person. I'm going to be bummed if the Model 3 "event" on the 31st has an X in attendance and it makes me re-think my decision to go with 6 seats.

When I talked with an inside sales rep at TM, he did mention that confirming my 70D now would put me closer to late fall delivery vs. waiting a month to potentially see one in person. I'll be pleasantly surprised if my delivery occurs by October/November.

Nope, just the standard late 2016. I was really hoping that TM would include us in the Meet X tour, so I could check out the 6 vs. 7 seat in person. I'm going to be bummed if the Model 3 "event" on the 31st has an X in attendance and it makes me re-think my decision to go with 6 seats.

When I talked with an inside sales rep at TM, he did mention that confirming my 70D now would put me closer to late fall delivery vs. waiting a month to potentially see one in person. I'll be pleasantly surprised if my delivery occurs by October/November.

Am wondering if they might have one for the FHB auto show later this month...

Am wondering if they might have one for the FHB auto show later this month...

One can dream, although I would hope that our awesome SC folks would put together something for us the second they have an MX that's not a customer car available for us to see. :smile:

One positive thing about later production and delivery with the 70 is it gives TM more time to work out the production QC issues.

I received an interesting call from TM this morning telling me that if I was interested in "upgrading" my X order from a 70D to a P90D or 90D, I could take delivery "this month." I realize "this month" in tesla time probably means closer to mid-April, but still interesting nonetheless. I thanked him for the call and told him I'm unfortunately not in a position to pay that much more for my X.

The conspiracy theorist in my head is telling me that this could mean that either production is ramping up quickly, there's a relatively small number of production orders for 90D/P90D configs, and/or a lot of reservation holders have yet to place their order. The optimist in me hopes that if TM continues to see low volume of confirmed 90D/P90D orders, they may switch their production schedules to move up the 70 to start earlier.

I received an interesting call from TM this morning telling me that if I was interested in "upgrading" my X order from a 70D to a P90D or 90D, I could take delivery "this month." I realize "this month" in tesla time probably means closer to mid-April, but still interesting nonetheless. I thanked him for the call and told him I'm unfortunately not in a position to pay that much more for my X.

The conspiracy theorist in my head is telling me that this could mean that either production is ramping up quickly, there's a relatively small number of production orders for 90D/P90D configs, and/or a lot of reservation holders have yet to place their order. The optimist in me hopes that if TM continues to see low volume of confirmed 90D/P90D orders, they may switch their production schedules to move up the 70 to start earlier.

and probably trying to get in as many deliveries in before quarter-end...but why wouldn't they move up deliveries for people with 90D orders instead? Like spleen :)

and probably trying to get in as many deliveries in before quarter-end...but why wouldn't they move up deliveries for people with 90D orders instead? Like spleen :)

Suspect the black rims are delaying my order. I could probably speed up delivery by putting in a change order to silver rims but then I wouldn't be getting the car I wanted. [emoji14]

Well, look at that. Checked my Tesla page again today and I now have a VIN and the phrase:
"Your estimated delivery date is April - Early May"

After reading the threads over on the X forum about poor delivery experiences, I'm not in a rush anymore to take delivery. Sounds like the fit'n'finish of the X line still needs some work.

Also, here's a delivery checklist from another post that I thought you might find useful when your X finally gets here.

Tesla Model X Checklist

spleen, we are all excited for you. I really look forward to see you in the front seat of an X. As for fit and finish, I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. TM has three years under their belt now, and we hear few negative comments on S fit and finish. I believe you are going to be very pleased with the quality of your X. Keep the faith, baby.

Spotted a Titanium Metallic Model X entering the parking lot of the Kaneohe post office today.

Sorry i didnt get a better pic...on the fly. They pulled in as we were pulling out...
IMG_6390.JPG