Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know!! Wrestling with the issue. Don't NEED the 90 but early arrival and faster voomvoom is also worth a lot ... (pulling hair out). Also 90 comes with smart air suspension which I would have gotten anyway so that's a nice throw in. Tentatively thinking titanium paint with white interior.

From what I've read, the price difference doesn't 'include' the air suspension. You're paying for it either way. The price difference between the X70D and the X90D is the same as the cost difference between the S70D and the S90D with the smart air suspension. So you're saving $13,000 by going with the X70D with the smart air suspension option on it's own.

As much as I'd like the faster acceleration, I just wouldn't be able to justify the extra $13k for extra range that wouldn't really be useful here on Oahu. Of course, this is coming from a LEAF driver who just wants to upgrade to an S40 some day :rolleyes:.

My two cents, Spleen...

I recommend getting the 70D. It makes sense for Hawaii. I like your color choice. When you did the configuration, does it offer the option for a 7 seater versus 6 seater?

Currently configured as a 6 seater. Don't think that I'll be carrying 7 regularly enough to need the extra seat and the extra space to move back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd rows is useful.

Like I said, choosing the 90 wouldn't be a rational decision. But how much of automobile purchasing is really rational anyway? lol. I'm also coming from driving a Leaf where I'm about to lose my 4th bar of battery capacity so looking forward to having Nissan swap out to the larger newer battery. ;)

Currently configured as a 6 seater. Don't think that I'll be carrying 7 regularly enough to need the extra seat and the extra space to move back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd rows is useful.

Like I said, choosing the 90 wouldn't be a rational decision. But how much of automobile purchasing is really rational anyway? lol. I'm also coming from driving a Leaf where I'm about to lose my 4th bar of battery capacity so looking forward to having Nissan swap out to the larger newer battery. ;)
Is there a price difference between the 6 seater and 7 seater?

Spleen,
You're in good company agonizing over the 70 vs. 90 issue. Check it out at:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58094-Is-37-more-miles-worth-13-000
Just keep in mind that none of these people live on an island and all can actually benefit from the 90's longer range.

so true, so true ... :(

Still so torn. Also trying to talk myself out of getting the 22 inch wheels. Don't do it!!

- - - Updated - - -

20 inch silver wheels:
2015-12-01_21-24-17.jpg

22 inch carbon wheels:
2015-12-01_21-25-58b.jpg

Both wheels look great. However, I would stay with the 20's. We already know what 21's do for the Model S, in terms of tire wear. Although we have no hard facts about the X, I think logic is going to show 20's will last longer than 22's. I say this even if they were the same price. I'd use that difference elsewhere on the X. Just my two cents.

The 22" looks 100x better than the 20". If you're going strictly on logic, yes, it's not necessary. But then again, is a $80k-$140k vehicle necessary? No. We buy it because we want/like it. I would never fault anyone for being practical, but I would say go with what makes you feel good. I've curbed, dented, even cracked my 21's and I would do it all over again.

The 22" looks 100x better than the 20". If you're going strictly on logic, yes, it's not necessary. But then again, is a $80k-$140k vehicle necessary? No. We buy it because we want/like it. I would never fault anyone for being practical, but I would say go with what makes you feel good. I've curbed, dented, even cracked my 21's and I would do it all over again.

What's logic got to do with it. on cyber Monday I bought a new treadmill and my building has several of them in the fitness center:scared. Nothing logical about that. the 22" look better. get'em:biggrin:
(the treadmill was $1200 off the regular price does that mean I saved $1200?:confused:)