Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't had this issue dsmith, but there's a faulty charger at Ward Warehouse that lets you think the charger is working (all the correct lights are on) but it doesn't charge. The valet said that some people had already reported it to the service provider...

I reported it to Volta a few months ago. still not fixed. the Best I can figure, it has something to do with the current loss over a long run. when I reported it, the firmware upgrade to detect wiring faults reduced the amperage. Now it looks like the charger is shutting down. next time I am "in need" I'll try to manually dial down the amps to see what the limit is before it shuts down.

When I went to check on it (app said it wasn't charging) there was a message on the screen saying there was a charging problem and to immediately contact Tesla Service. I thought something went wrong with the onboard charger. One phone call and 5 minutes later they were able to verify over the air that all systems were OK and the message was likely generated due to the faulty 3rd party EV charger. What other company can remotely service a car like this?! Thank you, Tesla!

Ok, got 5.12 OTA today, just charged up and got 136. Go figure.

Am down to 131-132 the last few days. I also got an update alert to the latest 5.12. Wondering if it will make a difference. I basically went from 139 to 131 rated range in 2 weeks :(. I know it's just a formula and the battery range hasn't truly changed but still not a good feeling when rated range keeps dropping.

Had my car taken in to replace my cracked windshield. with my wallet 1K lighter, I am hoping that the rumors about the latest F/W upgrade(6) are true. The screen shots look interesting. I guess I'll find out when I get my car back.

In case some of you may have missed it, there's a member "Pete" from "Hawaiian Islands" that posted screenshots of release notes from v6.0

Check it out on the User Interface forum:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/34892-Firmware-6-0-(beta-version-discussion)

That's crazy. I'm not convinced that it's really one of us here.

I was thinking the same thing. I know we don't know all of the owners out here, but somehow it seems like a cover for his tracks.

Agree, doesn't seem like "on of us":tongue: we call them Menehune here, you may know them as Trolls.