Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. That being said, what I'm curious as to what v.6.0 holds in store. Being a huge leap (the largest type being the base number that's changing), most industries utilize these for huge revisions (e.g. in the computing world, operating systems usually get completely overhauled); What such goodies, upgrades, new features, etc. could be in store for such a hallmark upgrade?

I'll speculate "guidelines" on the rear view camera.

Tonight, my MS got the notice for the update. I sat with her and watched it upgrade from 5.9.151.88 to 5.9.151.94
Wonder what the difference is?

But for those that have not received 5.9, one of the nice features is an increase in the font for the info on the bottom of the dash. Easier for us old folks to read. Now I don't have to press my nose to the steering wheel air bag to see the time.

Hey dsmith, :smile: the chicken is updated now to ANOTHER 5.9 This is her second one. What are you on? :p:p

Tonight, my MS got the notice for the update. I sat with her and watched it upgrade from 5.9.151.88 to 5.9.151.94
Wonder what the difference is?

But for those that have not received 5.9, one of the nice features is an increase in the font for the info on the bottom of the dash. Easier for us old folks to read. Now I don't have to press my nose to the steering wheel air bag to see the time.

Hey dsmith, :smile: the chicken is updated now to ANOTHER 5.9 This is her second one. What are you on? :p:p

still have v5.8 (1.49.95),:frown: Today I am going to test my new Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and see how it synchs up with my MS.

Upgraded to 1.51.109 tonight (still v5.9). Was having an issue where my audio settings (EQ settings) were resetting on their own (twice this week) so I'm hopeful that this update will remedy the issue.

:biggrin:(Runs out to car to check) - :cursing: Darn, no upgrade notice yet. I've been having weirdness with the UMC and charge port since I got .106 a few weeks back and a soft whine has developed under hard acceleration. It would be strange that the FW update would cause the whine, but I think the charging port behavior change is definitely related to the upgrade.

I've reported both to ownership. Luke has offered to come out and listen to the whine. Hoping the next update cures the charging weirdness.

I got updated to 5.12 when I brought my car in. Now my range has decreased from 139 to 133. Anyone else (especially the 40/60's) experience the same?

Folks, I would not worry about that. The battery didn't change. I sincerely believe that you would still have a few miles to drive even after you had hit zero whether the car is/was reading 139 or 133. How many hidden/extra miles? Only you can tell us when you test this idea.

Folks, I would not worry about that. The battery didn't change. I sincerely believe that you would still have a few miles to drive even after you had hit zero whether the car is/was reading 139 or 133. How many hidden/extra miles? Only you can tell us when you test this idea.

been actually driving the same and noticed am using 36 miles of range vs. the 39 miles I usually use on my commute to/from work...was just spoiled having 139 miles showing up for the past few months :)

been actually driving the same and noticed am using 36 miles of range vs. the 39 miles I usually use on my commute to/from work...was just spoiled having 139 miles showing up for the past few months :)
I haven't noticed my range difference since getting 5.12, but I am used to getting differing ranges after doing an upgrade.
Nanimac
Yikes, 139 miles. time to plug in.:biggrin: I got all the way down to 145 miles today.:scared: I plugged in as soon as possible to avoid getting stranded one block from my appartment. I ran some errands and then went to the movies. Just as the movie was starting, I decided to check how my charge was going. "Not charging" I pressed the "Start Charging" button in my phone app but it wouldn't start. do I leave the movie and check my car or do I wait until the end of the movie? I waited. So after being plugged in for 4 hours I had exactly 0 miles charged. I had to physically unplug and re-plug the J1772 connector before the car started to charge. Now I wait another 4 hours Ahhhhh. Not sure what happened, its never happened like this before. has anyone else noticed this with 5.12?:confused:

Haven't had this issue dsmith, but there's a faulty charger at Ward Warehouse that lets you think the charger is working (all the correct lights are on) but it doesn't charge. The valet said that some people had already reported it to the service provider...

Haven't had this issue dsmith, but there's a faulty charger at Ward Warehouse that lets you think the charger is working (all the correct lights are on) but it doesn't charge. The valet said that some people had already reported it to the service provider...

This one has been broken for some time now. About 6 weeks ago I tried to use it and the valet guy nearby knew it was broken and told me so. Just went 2 days ago, plugged in, and the same. There's so few chargers around that are open so I wish they would fix it already.