Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great article from a guy who chose a Jaguar over a Tesla on why Tesla is better :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was disappointed because he doesn't actually give a single concrete example of his claim that it's all about the data analytics.

Agree. I think it is a really bad article: Why should analytics make a company better? And seriously, Jaguar with Tesla analytics could beat Tesla? Nope, not at all. The guy is not giving a single argument for his claim (not that I fundamentally disagree with his claim) and he still doesn't get that Tesla is successful not "despite being an electric car" but only "because it offers electric cars". I think he sees the success of Tesla, looks for the differences to regular car companies, discards that the drive train might have something to do with Tesla's success and goes for analytics. He doesn't get a thing about Tesla.

"Great risk" is the only way to great reward. I had to jump through a few hoops to talk my husband into purchasing this car. Specifically, the car "lives" in South Carolina more than our Chicago home and we knew that South Carolina would be one of the last places in the country to support EVs. Meeting up with Model S owners in the area, both in person and online and hearing of their support was the main reason he agreed to take the risk on the Tesla. He loves it. Not the obsessive way that I do, but he loves it.