Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got new software 2020.12.5 now I have issues !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well Tesla pushed the new software 2020.12.5 to my new Model S performance. Now when I tried to use cruise control it says it has been disabled because I need a camera calibration. When I first got the vehicle it said calibrating cameras for quite a while before everything worked.

My question is am I suppose reboot the Model S or something because it is NOT calibrating cameras?

Thank you

M

I got the same exact problem except this was after installation of 2020.8.2. Mobile service came out last Wednesday and claimed the cameras are indeed need of calibration and can only be done at the SC. Got an appointment next Wednesday at the SC for calibration.

Timing is weird due to the car being perfect right before the new update. I am thinking it's more of a software than a hardware issue. I guess I'll find out on Wednesday.

Took my new Model S Performance in for camera alignment. They could not get the front camera aligned. The tech said that the new update 2020.12.5 changes somewhat the front camera alignment. To align the camera it takes one of 4 optional shims. He had 3 of them and of course the one he doesn't have is the one our vehicle needs. He said he would have to order but was not sure if he could get one since the supplier is closed down. I was treated fairly although felt like not having the shim to fixed the newly downloaded update was a letdown. He said he has five or so of this exact issues requests this week.

BTW - driving the new Model S Performance without cruise control is very difficult. Keeping my speed down so not to get a ticket was difficult. Looked down a couple of times and I was 40mph faster than the speed limit.

M