Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.44.30.4 FSD beta update killed my pillar cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 MS with MCU2 and FSD Beta.

The latest update I got seemed to killed my side repeater cameras and disabled my autopilot. When I view the video feed it would flicker and now I can't even turn on cruise control let alone FSD.

Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
I'm tracking the review on TeslaFi and looks like some people have the same concern.

Possible fixes I tried:
Hard reset
Cleared camera calibration
review.jpg

Did the reset fix? I just updated my MCU and the update was immediate, but I’m getting APP_W272 error when I try to hit AP. Cameras all seem to be working okay when I go to camera view.. reset didn’t work, haven’t tried camera recal or change wheel

Step I've tried
  1. Reset DAS
  2. Reset Camera calibration (now stuck at 0%)
  3. Full Re-installation of software
  4. Took the entire frunk apart and unplugged the 12v and HV (waited 30 mins and plugged back in)
Still the same issue...my only hope is 2023.44.30.7 will fix it, but currently rolling out to HW4 only. I have 2.0.

I don't know if change wheel does anything. Haven't heard that.

Reactions: cmwagner75DX
Step I've tried
  1. Reset DAS
  2. Reset Camera calibration (now stuck at 0%)
  3. Full Re-installation of software
  4. Took the entire frunk apart and unplugged the 12v and HV (waited 30 mins and plugged back in)
Still the same issue...my only hope is 2023.44.30.7 will fix it, but currently rolling out to HW4 only. I have 2.0.

I don't know if change wheel does anything. Haven't heard that.
I’m in the same boat, has SC gave any recommendations?

Is the computer the same as the MCU?
This update broke my car as well. Autopilot and basic autosteer would work for about 50% of my drives. I took it to the service center and they wanted me to buy a $1800 AP computer to fix the issue. It was obvious it was a software issue so I politely declined because I was not giving them money for a software broken car. I got the new update finally installed yesterday (2023.44.30.8) and so far so good. I hope this fixed it, but not having basic autosteer, let alone AP and FSD, was absolute crap. :D

2017 MS, MCU2, FSD

Reactions: whisperingshad
Updated in mid Dec, AP, all cameras and GPS stopped working. Tried everything, not working. The SC spent a week tried to fix software and finally replaced the AP computer. Then everything worked.

Next day, updated to 2023.44.30.4, the AP stopped working again. They pushed the same version update, fixed the problem.

On 1/14, I updated to 2023.44.30.8, the AP stopped working again. Today they pushed an update, it worsened. Now GPS and all cameras failed. Have a scheduled at a SC this Tuesday 1/23. I think they will replace the AP computer again. I really need to get it fixed permanently. Already spent too much time on this.

Will keep posting.

Updated in mid Dec, AP, all cameras and GPS stopped working. Tried everything, not working. The SC spent a week tried to fix software and finally replaced the AP computer. Then everything worked.

Next day, updated to 2023.44.30.4, the AP stopped working again. They pushed the same version update, fixed the problem.

On 1/14, I updated to 2023.44.30.8, the AP stopped working again. Today they pushed an update, it worsened. Now GPS and all cameras failed. Have a scheduled at a SC this Tuesday 1/23. I think they will replace the AP computer again. I really need to get it fixed permanently. Already spent too much time on this.

Will keep posting.
I have 2023MYLR HW4 by the way

Thanks for your updates! My 3 week old MYLR just got the same issue this Saturday evening, the AP computer is stuck in bootloop! On 44.30.8. No GPS, cameras and cameras - Getting the same issue after every update is completely acceptable. I will post as and when i find more.

Thanks for your updates! My 3 week old MYLR just got the same issue this Saturday evening, the AP computer is stuck in bootloop! On 44.30.8. No GPS, cameras and cameras - Getting the same issue after every update is completely acceptable. I will post as and when i find more.
it is now at the service as of yesterday evening with an estimate of pickup by thursday evening! The service rep told they will have to replace the AP computer most likely.

This is very worrying. I've been experiencing the same and have been patiently waiting for firmware updates to rectify, but it seems to be getting worse; I don't know if it was the tail end of 2023.44 or 2024.2 that's stuffed it (intermittently losing cruise control and AP). I've also noticed that I'm also getting sentry system errors!

This is very worrying. I've been experiencing the same and have been patiently waiting for firmware updates to rectify, but it seems to be getting worse; I don't know if it was the tail end of 2023.44 or 2024.2 that's stuffed it (intermittently losing cruise control and AP). I've also noticed that I'm also getting sentry system errors!
I got the same error messages too. You'll start getting sentry system errors because the cameras are technically not working. Do me a favor, go to service mode, and go under camera preview, and see if there are any cameras flickering. I noticed my rear camera was flickering like crazy. But yeah I needed my car to be working so I did shell out the price.