Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google+ video hangouts (TSLA & other investments)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s the info for tomorrow evening’s google+ hangout.

What: Roundtable discussion of TSLA Q4 2013 earnings presentation
Who can view: Everyone is invited to view the discussion. It will be broadcasted live and won’t have any limit to the number of people who can view.
Who will participate: The roundtable will be made up of several TMC members who’ve been invited by PM. Sleepyhead and I will be co-hosting the discussion.

What time: Feb 19 at 6:30pm PST
How long: 1-1.5 hours
Agenda: We’ll start off with general reactions to the earnings presentation (shareholder letter and conference call) and then we’ll dive deeper into specific parts of the earnings call like financials (gross margin, revenue, etc), FY 2014 guidance, gigafactory and other areas.

Here’s the link. Live broadcast will start at 6:30pm PST tomorrow (Feb 19). We’ll probably leave up the video for those who can’t watch it live.
TSLA Q4 2013 Earnings Roundtable - YouTube

Thanks, I will try to join/watch from my ipad if I can...depends when I get home from the cooking class my wife conveniently bought for V Day for TSLA earnings of all days.

Here’s the info for tomorrow evening’s google+ hangout.

Who can view: Everyone is invited to view the discussion. It will be broadcasted live and won’t have any limit to the number of people who can view.
Who will participate: The roundtable will be made up of several TMC members who’ve been invited by PM. Sleepyhead and I will be co-hosting the discussion.

What time: Feb 19 at 6:30pm PST
Agenda: We’ll start off with general reactions to the earnings presentation (shareholder letter and conference call) and then we’ll dive deeper into specific parts of the earnings call like financials (gross margin, revenue, etc), FY 2014 guidance, gigafactory and other areas.

Here’s the link. Live broadcast will start at 6:30pm PST tomorrow (Feb 19). We’ll probably leave up the video for those who can’t watch it live.

Sadly, due to time differences (I'm in the UK right now) I won't be able to follow live. Please do leave the video online after the event as I would love to be able to watch it.

GO TSLA.

I needed to change the hangout link, so here's the updated info. Please use this link below.

What time: Tonight, Feb 19 at 6:30pm PST

TSLA Q4 2013 Earnings Roundtable - YouTube (updated view-only link)

Will you guys talk about the price action the coming days and weeks? I like the fact that the gigafactory news is for next week so they prevent people from taking profit. Thou I guess my SCTY calls for this week will probably not gain to much.

I needed to change the hangout link, so here's the updated info. Please use this link below.

What time: Tonight, Feb 19 at 6:30pm PST

TSLA Q4 2013 Earnings Roundtable - YouTube (updated view-only link)

broadcasting starting in a couple minutes

Glad to put faces to forum handles.

Just a little feedback about the rangebound comment. TSLA hit a ceiling at 225 AH and sold off to 215 and finished at 218.

I listened to some of the conference call and noticed that raising capital did not tank the stock price after hours. I feel that the selloff from 225 was profit taking, though this was in after hours trading so we'll see how things play out tomorrow and in the coming days leading up to the gigafactory announcement.

If Elon announces a stock offering, I am almost positive he will buy $100-200 million of the new stock, which would establish a new bottom for the stock, and likely cause the stock to go up.

On top of this, today Doug Kass announced he was short Tesla. A lot of people listen to him, and may have followed his advice. These folks were likely expecting a huge drop after earnings, and will be covering their shorts tomorrow when the drop doesn't happen.

Solar City is the leading player in an industry that will be worth $500 billion annually in 20 years. If Solar City maintains its lead, the stock could easily be worth $500.

Solar City's largest benefits are easy access to capital, deals with Walmart and the Department of Defense, Elon Musk, and very strong relationships with the leading Solar Panel producers.

Last edited:
On top of this, today Doug Kass announced he was short Tesla. A lot of people listen to him, and may have followed his advice. These folks were likely expecting a huge drop after earnings, and will be covering their shorts tomorrow when the drop doesn't happen.

Doug Kass added to his short position in after hours making his cost basis $212... Do these guys ever learn?

On another note. Thanks to all the contributors on the Hangout, it was really informative to hear everyone's perspective on things.

What headphones were you wearing Flux? Your sound quality was the best

The more I think about it, with the amount of shorts out there, especially weak shorts from this week, it really OUGHT to be a straight up day tomorrow. That will make my decisions easy. Just drink beer and stair at charts all day. (I take earnings days off work :)

Doug Kass added to his short position in after hours making his cost basis $212... Do these guys ever learn?

On another note. Thanks to all the contributors on the Hangout, it was really informative to hear everyone's perspective on things.

What headphones were you wearing Flux? Your sound quality was the best

Well, Mr. Kass may just give us another gift in the morning then -- we shall see!

I use a Sennheiser PC 350 headset, and I believe the PC 360 is the new version of this headset. Sennheiser is not cheap but they make some of the best sound and recording gear in the industry. For a great alternative if you don't need/want to spend what I did on a headset, I highly recommend the Monoprice headset. Can't beat Monoprice's quality at their prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the shout out. I'm here, though more in the shadows recently. I love the hangout idea, I don't know why we didn't think of it long ago.

Well we better see you on the next one then!

- - - Updated - - -

I watched, thanks for sharing.

Really good stuff... I was surprised that most of you were so concerned about the global economy. I was under the impression the global economy is quite stable.

I'm not concerned enough to change investment strategies now, I think Sleepy and I were just saying that we have to be watchful to read the warning signs if and when they come up (like the manufactured US debt ceiling crisis last year). We mainly meant that global macroeconomic risk is the biggest risk for Tesla Motors over the long term, rather than the particulars of the company's execution. Assuming a relatively stable economy, we believe they can and will continue their conquest of the energy and transportation industries virtually unabated.

Thank you to everyone for the great chat. As a Tesla long starting at 33 and buying on the way up to 109 (with a cost basis of 55), and a Solar City long from 18 (including buys of KNDI, SPWR, CSIQ) this resource keeps me strong during market fluctuations. I invested in Tesla, Solar City and KNDI before finding this site. My trust in the opinions expressed here have helped me get other people involved in investing and due diligence. All of the talk of puts, calls, ect. are way over my head, but every day, several times a day I am reading and learning. So to everyone that contributes here I THANK YOU!