Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva Motor Show - Zurich to Geneva on Friday, 9th of March 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Looks like this might be the first proper pan-European TMC meet-up :biggrin:

So can we make a list who of this forum will be attending and let us do something special as TMC "members" ( picture or lunch or anything ):
List so far: ( Edited )

Kevin Sharpe
Eberhard
Mitrovic
medved
dpeilow
magesch
Morlaixjam
EV_de
mgemmell
Dragon
Talkredius

Who else? And yes Model S will be on display.

Last edited:
+ EV_de

homer_simpson_in_his_underwear-11208.jpg

I am going to attend. Taking the Roadster might be too ambitious as Madrid - Geneva is 1400kms each way. I'm not ruling it out, but that's about 5 100% charge cycles and those take time and planning (I have neither ;) ).

So, no test drives for those of us with Model S reservations already made? That sounds sub-standard for Tesla. Have you guys asked Tesla directly? We could put some collective pressure on them.

Mark

latest Tesla update;

"We are planning on sending all the details in the next couple of days so attendees know everything in terms of organization, route, accommodation and costs.

Nothing is foreseen in terms of pre-event but if you want you’re free to do whatever you want! We are beginning the trip around 9 AM on the 9th.

Main stops will be Zurich, Bern, Nyon and then Geneva."

I'll probably go on the last day of the autoshow. I have a conference in the Europapark in Germany from March 20th, so I'll go to Geneva and from there drive on to Rust (DE, 350km).

Saves me the about 1800km of driving :)

mgemmell
If you plan to come with your Tesla in Switzerland you can stop to my house to charge you car I live in Meyreuil near Aix-en-Provence and I have a 32A outlet. I plan to join the other but I do not know where yet.
If you decide to make the trip I can help you to find 32A in France from Perpignan to Aix-en-Provence. It is possible.
But you need to tell me quickly because I need to organize it
And from Aix en Provence to the auto show or Zurich we can drive together.
Just let me know
send me an e-mail from my website : E-Motion // Location voitures electriques de luxe ROASTER TESLA

mgemmell
If you plan to come with your Tesla in Switzerland you can stop to my house to charge...

Firstly, many thanks for this offer... Man! I am starting to think seriously about this trip... Dude!

But Aix to Geneve is 383Kms... and probably some climbing too. Is that a single charge journey?

mgemmellIf you plan to come with your Tesla in Switzerland you can stop to my house to charge...
send me an e-mail from my website : E-Motion // Location voitures electriques de luxe ROASTER TESLA

You may want to take this conversation to another thread or via PMs/email, but how is that Roadster rental working for you ? I have considered doing the same but right now I'm way to protective of Tez to rent him out!

Mark

There are at least 2 charging stations in luxembourg, but i cannot find out where they are exactly and what amperage and socket they offer. On the other hand. Its about 320km ride from Brüssel to Saarbrücken, can be done without the need to top up. If you fear to run short, ask for the next fire brigade.