Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva Motor Show - Zurich to Geneva on Friday, 9th of March 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just in case you wanted to do it a little quicker than Kevin's 2 week trip, here's what a sensible but fast route might look like...

AoTk6UfCMAAClEl.png:large

David this is a cool map! How did you make it? I would love to see trip planners work like this!

Shame Kevin couldn't make a small diversion to take in the World's biggest wind turbines Pilot Demonstration of Eleven 7MW-Class WEC at Estinnes in Belgium: Project Status (forgot to suggest it)

View attachment 4903

Amazing engineering.

Next time...

The pic doesn't do their immense size justice ... those particular turbines are a whopping 650 ft tall (650 !) with a total weight of about 6,000 tons EACH.

To put that in perspective, their height equals the 3rd highest "skyscraper" in London, or about 50 floors worth.

Although 2,500 tons of concrete needed for each foundations doesn't sound very green..

The pic doesn't do their immense size justice ... those particular turbines are a whopping 650 ft tall (650 !) with a total weight of about 6,000 tons EACH.

To put that in perspective, their height equals the 3rd highest "skyscraper" in London, or about 50 floors worth.

Although 2,500 tons of concrete needed for each foundations doesn't sound very green..

This photo was taken from 6km (~4m) away!

e126.png

Some great shots from a paramotor here: Tout sur moi et ma passion (5 sets linked at the top of the page)

And just in case you wanted to do it a little quicker than Kevin's 2 week trip, here's what a sensible but fast route might look like...

AoTk6UfCMAAClEl.png:large

For the trip from Endingen to Zurich I would suggest a slightly different route. It is shorter and more fun while driving through the black forest instead of driving on the dumb Autobahn.

I 've attached a kml file, starting point is Endingen, destination Zurich. If you want to use this route, there a several ways to put this route into the Alpine navigation system.

a) via Laptop , but you have to have a USB cable installed and connected to the navigation system. If have written a detailed how-to for the German Tesla forum. If you like to have it in English, just send me a PM an I'll translate it

Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Alpine Navigationsgerät NVE-M300P

b) choose Zurich as your destination, extract the GPS coordinates from the kml-file put them into the Alpine Navi as stopovers by hand:rolleyes:

And if you are familiar with C&S ( charge and sleep (in your car ) ) you can rest at the Grand Dolder for only 2 CHF / hour:biggrin:

have fun

Attachments

• Endingen Zurich.kml.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 92