Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gear Chime option missing in 2023.44.30.5.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Installed update yesterday and noticed the gear chime sounds when shifting into (or out of) gear. Went to safety menu to turn it off and the option is not there???
All other options are there, just not "gear chime".

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

I did reboot right after updates (old habit) but will try it again tomorrow. It can't hurt.
Seems strange.
Definitely scrolling down enough. I see Joe mode and all of that

Thanks for the suggestions and Ill post back after the reboot tomorrow.

I have 2023.44.30.6 and I still see the Gear Chimes option:

IMG_7288.jpeg

The alternative parking chimes are in the Toy Box. Look there instead.

Note that if you experiment with the alternative chimes and decide you don't like 'em, turn that option off in the Toy Box and then go back to the screen highlighted above to turn the original chime back on.

Reactions: Alset2
The alternative parking chimes are in the Toy Box. Look there instead.

Note that if you experiment with the alternative chimes and decide you don't like 'em, turn that option off in the Toy Box and then go back to the screen highlighted above to turn the original chime back on.
I only wish...lol
All I see there is "lock sound " and "horn" options.

Yes, it was there prior to this update because I turned it off when it 1st came out.
You’re misremembering from your 3. The option was never there in the S/X. They changed the chimes recently (I believe with 2023.38) to some more annoying tones, but even in that case the option to disable them or go back to the old tones wasn’t there

The refresh S/X had gear chimes from day 1 of release. With a recent update (I think 2023.38, not 100% on that), there was an undocumented change to change the gear chimes to the ones that were introduced for the 3/Y earlier. But the ability to turn the chimes off was never there

I appreciate the feedback, but I swear I turned them off in the past...lol
I guess I could be thinking of the M3.
Doesn't matter, I don't have the ability now...which sucks as they really irritate me for some reason.
One thing I do know for certain is that I did NOT have gear chime sounds until this last update.

Oh, how can I go on like this????!!! The agony of it all...