Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.38.6 Gear Chimes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dcmpls

LR/21s/FSD/MSM/White
Jun 20, 2021
Minneapolis
Sounds like the same updated gear chimes from the spring releases for 3 and Y landed as an undocumented feature today… really wish we could toggle it back off. Heavy and sing-songy tones. Obviously a matter of preference, and I’m guessing I’ll get over it, but spouses car still has the last firmware and I already miss it.

Sounds like the same updated gear chimes from the spring releases for 3 and Y landed as an undocumented feature today… really wish we could toggle it back off. Heavy and sing-songy tones. Obviously a matter of preference, and I’m guessing I’ll get over it, but spouses car still has the last firmware and I already miss it.

I had them in a rental 3, and there was indeed a toggle for it. Forget which menu, but look around.

Should be able to disable it in the Safety menu if it’s like the 3/Y?

Should be able to disable it in the Safety menu if it’s like the 3/Y?
I also noticed the gear selector chime changed for my Feb 2022 MSLR with update 2023.38.6. No setting to change chimes in the safety menu. Also a search in the Model S manual only came up with these results (see captcha below).

Side note: I received an email from Rivian about their "sound ecosystem ". They went to the forest and rivers for inspiration. They digitally modified birds, wolves, water falls and other things to come up with all the Rivian sounds. Kinda neat, but I also had to laugh at the marketing email.
20231111_071102.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG