Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit and warming chime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the M3H for just over a month and it works all fine without any issue until now.

Since last weekend, I noticed that the speed limit keep changing with I accelerate pass the limit, and the chime doesn't work anymore.

My setting: originally I put +10% offset, so there will be a chime with I drive over the limit, e.g. on a 50mph road, chime will be there when I pass 55 mph.

Right now, for example even I go all the way to 60, the max speed limit shown on screen keep changing with the actual speed going from 55,56,57 all the way to 60, and then when I slow down it drops back to 55... what the hell is going on?

The speed limit was fine before and I was actually complaining the chime that I need to mute it everytime when I start driving. But from time to time in some area I am not familiar with, I would love the speed limit chime to be on. I tried to change it to fixed limit, different offset %.. it is still the same.

Have anyone got into similar situation or am I missing something?

Right now, for example even I go all the way to 60, the max speed limit shown on screen keep changing with the actual speed going from 55,56,57 all the way to 60, and then when I slow down it drops back to 55... what the hell is going on?

Speed limit or TACC limit? Two completely different things.

Speed limit is in a speed sign, TACC limit isn’t (can’t remember what the current visualisation is).

It’s pretty common for TACC limit to change and is influenced by TACC set speed option - current or speed limit.

Speed limit may change for various correct and incorrect reasons, such as passing side streets. That’s the one that the warning visual/chime use to be linked to.

Speed limit or TACC limit? Two completely different things.

Speed limit is in a speed sign, TACC limit isn’t (can’t remember what the current visualisation is).

It’s pretty common for TACC limit to change and is influenced by TACC set speed option - current or speed limit.

Speed limit may change for various correct and incorrect reasons, such as passing side streets. That’s the one that the warning visual/chime use to be linked to.

It is the Speed Assist / speed limit that I am talking about. Not TACC.

Hi all,

I have just seen this post after posting almost the same question. Picked up my Model 3 Highland on Tuesday this week and now (I think after the latest update) the Speed Assist does not chime and displays an error triangle about the speed limit sign.. Any ideas?? Do I need to contact Tesla do you think?

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks WIIXM. To do this in the App is that the 'Request Service'? I couldn't see a way to just register a question with Tesla without having to book the car into a local Tesla dealership.

Yes that's the way to do it. (Or mobile technician visit if you're in an eligible zone).
They will probably run some remote diagnostics and cancel the visit/appointment once they realise it's a software issue, but at least if will allow them to escalate the issue internally and hopefully get a prompt fix for everyone affected.

Any M3H owners here which don't have the chimes issue?

Yes that's the way to do it. (Or mobile technician visit if you're in an eligible zone).
They will probably run some remote diagnostics and cancel the visit/appointment once they realise it's a software issue, but at least if will allow them to escalate the issue internally and hopefully get a prompt fix for everyone affected.

Any M3H owners here which don't have the chimes issue?
Great, thanks 👍👍