Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas car parked at a Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those spots do more harm than good. People see them as social bullying, and it is. They serve no purpose (maybe besides LEED certification), and piss off everyone. ICE drivers are pissed off that EVs get priority, ICE drivers are pissed off and think EV drivers are tree hugging entitled liberals, EV drivers are pissed off that "their" spots are ICEd, etc.

Yeah, it does look like places seeking LEED credits:
leed1.png

So what we get is masses of "reserved" spaces that people just park in anyways:
vanpool1.png

Even the store uses one to hold shopping carts. I guess they got their "credit" and moved on.

I understand that the previous handful posts are done in humor, but... it's childish to think about vandalize a car for parking in the wrong spot. You're not going to change stubborn peoples perspectives. And if one of them sees this thread, they'll see it as an "us vs. them" scenario.

I understand that the previous handful posts are done in humor, but... it's childish to think about vandalize a car for parking in the wrong spot. You're not going to change stubborn peoples perspectives. And if one of them sees this thread, they'll see it as an "us vs. them" scenario.

Yeah. I would never actually condone touching/damaging another vehicle. I could see myself putting a note under the windshield wiper.

And *that's* why we should revisit the sniper idea.

So, since you aren't going to change "stubborn peoples perspectives", they should be let to do whatever they want with zero repercussions? How is that an answer. We live in a society, not anarchy. Granted, I would only whip out a caltrop under the most extreme circumstances. Like say a pickup truck and trailer someone posted blocking all 8 Tesla stalls. An egregious situation totally preventing charging.

Some people have proposed some draconian things, but at least some of those people ICEing superchargers are just ignorant and some people may be parking there out of desperation (such as situations with superchargers in smallish hotel lots). And I'm sure some are just being jerks too. The problem is that unless you meet the person who did ICE the supercharger and learn their motive, you don't know.

People who aren't up on electric cars probably don't think about the analogy between chargers and gas pumps. ICEing a supercharger is like blocking all the pumps at the gas station. Just because it isn't at a gas station doesn't mean they aren't preventing you from refueling your car.

So, since you aren't going to change "stubborn peoples perspectives", they should be let to do whatever they want with zero repercussions? How is that an answer. We live in a society, not anarchy. Granted, I would only whip out a caltrop under the most extreme circumstances. Like say a pickup truck and trailer someone posted blocking all 8 Tesla stalls. An egregious situation totally preventing charging.

And this is what's wrong with society.

You can call the cops, but turning into a vigilante to prove a point? Sigh

And this is what's wrong with society.

You can call the cops, but turning into a vigilante to prove a point? Sigh

Someone pulling into and blocking 8 Tesla bright red marked charging spots knows exactly what they are doing. No one is that blind or stupid. They simply do not care about anyone else but themselves. If there was absolutely no way I could charge, or the property owner couldn't locate the driver, or the police couldn't do anything due to the "weak" non-threat of towing signage Tesla and it's property owners have erected, yes; a caltrop may accidentally fall out of my pocket. The driver will care then.

BTW anyone who is a big enough douche-bag to blatantly park in a Tesla charge spot will laugh at your ICE'd business cards when they see them.

Someone pulling into and blocking 8 Tesla bright red marked charging spots knows exactly what they are doing. No one is that blind or stupid. They simply do not care about anyone else but themselves. If there was absolutely no way I could charge, or the property owner couldn't locate the driver, or the police couldn't do anything due to the "weak" non-threat of towing signage Tesla and it's property owners have erected, yes; a caltrop may accidentally fall out of my pocket. The driver will care then.

BTW anyone who is a big enough douche-bag to blatantly park in a Tesla charge spot will laugh at your ICE'd business cards when they see them.

Then we're going to have to disagree.
I agree with the last sentence, which is why I didn't order them ;).

Some people have proposed some draconian things, but at least some of those people ICEing superchargers are just ignorant and some people may be parking there out of desperation (such as situations with superchargers in smallish hotel lots). And I'm sure some are just being jerks too. The problem is that unless you meet the person who did ICE the supercharger and learn their motive, you don't know.

People who aren't up on electric cars probably don't think about the analogy between chargers and gas pumps. ICEing a supercharger is like blocking all the pumps at the gas station. Just because it isn't at a gas station doesn't mean they aren't preventing you from refueling your car.

Around here, people routinely ICE gas pumps. By that I mean they pull up to a pump, park, walk to the store which is sometimes a real/big store, leave their car at the pump not fueling, while shopping (for at least 30 minutes) then come back and fuel up.

Modern society seems to be exceptionally self centered.

Reactions: Electricfan
Around here, people routinely ICE gas pumps. By that I mean they pull up to a pump, park, walk to the store which is sometimes a real/big store, leave their car at the pump not fueling, while shopping (for at least 30 minutes) then come back and fuel up.

Modern society seems to be exceptionally self centered.

Strange, I've never seen that. All gas stations on the west coast I can think of have parking next to the mini-mart and anyone going to the mini-mart without buying gas park there.

Why not plant some tall dry grass or something else combustible in the middle of the spots. Park an EV, no problem :smile: But. If it touches the glowing catalytic converter under an ICE...
It is not vandalism, just self inflicted damage to whomever ignites it.
Ok, just kidding

Why not plant some tall dry grass or something else combustible in the middle of the spots. Park an EV, no problem :smile: But. If it touches the glowing catalytic converter under an ICE...
It is not vandalism, just self inflicted damage to whomever ignites it.
Ok, just kidding
That reminds me of a story of my early days in the army, but it's off topic.

Reactions: Xenius