Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self-Driving Visualisation Preview UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or does the FSD preview look quite light in detail. Especially junctions.

Certainly compared to YouTube videos of FSD virtualisations from the US.

I haven’t bought FSD, but wondering the if FSD preview will be improved to match the actual FSD experience in the US?

The visualization is not really the full FSD visualization. It's just some useless graphics that offer no value. It used to display a lot more several months ago, particularly oncoming traffic, but they removed it as it highlighted how much was being missed.

Back in 2020/21 the visualisation showed oncoming traffic as well as traffic traffic behind and ahead of the car.
Somewhere along the line, oncoming disappeared while wheelie bins and cones remained.

Frankly, the visualisation is a gimmick. It serves no real useful purpose.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Always amuses me on Bins Days that the car thinks they are a major treat!

Apparently they are in America and bin day requires some special driving considerations. I think it’s a bit like cones, which I think require a clear lane between and those with NoA (regular AP?) will probably be familiar with the ‘I’ve spotted some cones and suggest you move over a lane’ or words to that effect.

So as well as being the HW3 Xmas showcase back in 2019 (showed off its ability to locate relatively small objects, albeit highly visible and easy to confuse with reflective posts), there is probably a bit of method to their madness.

Over here neither require any legal change in behaviour (other than a bit more vigilance and care), but I think it’s a bit more involved in US. Maybe someone will enlighten us fully!

Always amuses me on Bins Days that the car thinks they are a major treat!
I think it was in the occupancy network video that they mentioned that bins routinely get blown into the road so the car has learned to be wary of them. Not sure if US folks do something different to bins or their bins are different to ours, but it does seem to be a known hazard.