Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like deployment of the Spring Update, 2024.14.6, has finally started going out to a larger group, including 22 vehicles that were on 2024.3.25.

I wonder if those were vehicles that let their FSD trial expire, such that they are moved back to the "main" branch, or if this will be an event where even the "early tester" branch will move on to the "main" branch, at least for a little while. (What is most important, is what version will contain FSD V12.4.)

It seems like deployment of the Spring Update, 2024.14.6, has finally started going out to a larger group, including 22 vehicles that were on 2024.3.25.

I wonder if those were vehicles that let their FSD trial expire, such that they are moved back to the "main" branch, or if this will be an event where even the "early tester" branch will move on to the "main" branch, at least for a little while. (What is most important, is what version will contain FSD V12.4.)
Yeah, my money is on lapsed subscriptions.

Also a BETTER question is when is "next week" in Elon speak so we see 12.4 show up to start more open employee testing (if they aren't fired).

I'm betting we get updated to 24.9.x for 12.4.x but hope we get a 12.3.7 in the mean time to tide us over while waiting on the slow rollout.

Ditto on the unexpected lane changes . When I am within a mile of the exit I don't think it should not do this.
I am Ok with a lane change to let other cars by, although that does leave me stuck behind slow traffic sometimes.
Not use to the road turns onto off ramps it took me awhile to trust that it would make the turn.

Also wish there was a way to save my favorite routes rather than the one Google chooses.
I could add way points but don't know how to do that efficiently. I don't like playing with the
screen when in moderate to heavy traffic.

It's not getting the legal speed right in quite few spots .
There are not enough posted signs for it to read or google maps is feeding it the wrong data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravioli
Because we are ALWAYS behind testing a new FSD version to keep the NEW version more exclusive and NOT available to the masses until it is proven. We have been behind almost always since 10.2. So this is not new and the way it has always been.
FSD 12.3.6 already goes with the highest firmware branch 2024.14.6. If there is a newer firmware branch then it must be higher than 2024.14.X, right?

FSD 12.3.6 already goes with the highest firmware branch 2024.14.6. If there is a newer firmware branch then it must be higher than 2024.14.X, right?
No, we will be kept on 24.3.25 until 12.4.x is released to us. 12.3.6 is now the new STANDARD/proven FSD and we will move on to test 12.4.x when it is available and people on 24.14.x will be "stuck" on 12.3.6 because they are past the software version we will be on, hopefully 24.9.x and not still 24.3.x. This is 100% SAP and the way it has always been and no change what so ever.

I have about a 50% chance of accidentally cancelling the FSD when I apply my steering wheel torque ...
Not saying this is happening to you, but when my wife started using autopilot she would unintentionally disengage via torque all the time.

I finally realized that she was trying to influence the car's path. That is, if she felt the car was too far left, she would turn the wheel a little bit to the right, and it would disengage.

No, we will be kept on 24.3.25 until 12.4.x is released to us. 12.3.6 is now the new STANDARD/proven FSD and we will move on to test 12.4.x when it is available and people on 24.14.x will be "stuck" on 12.3.6 because they are past the software version we will be on, hopefully 24.9.x and not still 24.3.x. This is 100% SAP and the way it has always been and no change what so ever.
Too complicated. The best branch is no branch. Elon will fire all branch release managers. :)

That’s the niggly fiddley annoying part for me so I’m delighted to supervise the car doing all those bits instead. Especially all the watching of surroundings, other vehicles, people, etc. And finding the way/knowing how to interpret the navigation, which lane etc., in unfamiliar surroundings- that’s a biggie.
If you're supervising then presumably you are watching the surroundings as well. Same with navigation. You need to pay attention to how the car is following navigation. Because if it is making a mistake, you need to anticipate and observe how it might try to correct itself. E.g. if it picks a wrong lane, will it try to get back into the previous lane and what is the traffic around you at that moment.

Mind you that you still need to keep your hands on the wheel and foot over the pedal in a manner that is actually more unconformable than if you were driving yourself. You may choose not to, but it is technically misuse of the system.

Last edited:
2024.24.6 with 12.3.6 is showing on TeslaFi with around 3,000 installed or pending. The vast majority were previously on 2024.8.9 (11.4.9).

Meanwhile, over 6,000 of us, roughly 1/3 of the fleet, are on 2024.3.25 (12.3.6, same as 2024.24.6), and very few have been updated to 2024.24.6 so far.

My first question is do we think 2024.24.6 will go out to us testers? So far it looks like the 2023 release which finally included FSD v 11.4.9 went out to everyone in Dec. After that, testers were not updated past 2023.44.x it'll 2024.3.10 with FSD 12.3.3 in March.

My second question is about the offer of free FSD for a month. Did it go out to people with FSD 11.4.9, or did most folks have to wait till now with 12.3.6? This was the first V12 release with a week number above 2024.3. If folks had to wait till now, there may be a lot of FSD newbies visiting this thread.

Being aware of traffic and monitoring what FSD is doing without having to steer and control the vehicle's speed makes for a relaxing trip with the Monitor arriving at destination feeling rested (instead of relieved or exhausted).
Unless I'm traveling through a complex and congested city like Manhattan, making a difficult left turn, or sitting still for more than an hour, I don't find driving to be stressful or exhausting. None of those situations does FSD currently make better for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
If you're supervising than presumably you are watching the surroundings as well. Same with navigation. You need to pay attention to how the car is following navigation. Because if it is making a mistake, you need to anticipate and observe how it might try to correct itself. E.g. if it picks a wrong lane, will it try to get back into the previous lane and what is the traffic around you at that moment.

Mind you that you still need to keep your hands on the wheel and foot over the pedal, which is not particularly comfortable. You may choose not to, but it is technically misuse of the system.
Do you keep your foot over the pedal when you use cruise control? I don't, unless I think I'm going to need to brake.

When using FSDs, I usually have my hands on my knees, either right next to the wheel or touching but not gripping the wheel. My foot is on the floor next to the pedals and I'm watching the traffic and surroundings so I know what the car is doing and what I need to do if I should need to take over. With 12.3.6 the overwhelming majority of my interventions are to goose the accelerator so I can get it up to speed. beyond that, I sit back, let the car drive and enjoy the ride. It's actually become quite relaxing. Sure, taking a nap would be more relaxing but we're not there yet so I appreciate what we've got.

Ha.

Speaking as a control loop guy, the "actuator" part of a control loop is usually easy. It's the sensor, filter, compute parts, nominally in the brain, that require the heavy lifting. And looking at one piece of a control loop and declaring that the difficulty of that part means that the whole thing is trivial is, to say the least, vastly understating the entire problem.

The work of driving isn't minor muscular movements, it's the high-powered (in the literal sense of the phrase) compute part under the skull that's working, and working hard.

Ha. The best way to get one's hands and feet warm in cold weather is to cover the head with something warm. The body will cut blood flow and reduce temperatures of the extremities and the core before it'll reduce warm, nutrient-full blood to the brain, so covering the head to reduce heat being transferred to the environment from there allows more of the heat to be allocated to what nature considers to be the less useful portions of the body.
Is this a long and pretentious way of saying turning a steering wheel is mentally taxing? I honestly can't tell. Ha.