Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD v12 coming on 2024 branch soon...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you not following Reddit (I don't blame you) ...

There's a mobile tech who posts there, and they just got FSD v12.3.2.1 (a new version) on demo cars running 2024.3.x last night. Hopefully we'll be seeing it pushed to owners cars soon.

Would love to try FSD v12 for a month free! I'm just finishing up a month subscribed to v11...

Awesome! I have a new Model Y 2024, with FSD 11.4.9 (2024.2.7).
I got a brief taste of FSD v12.3 on my 2021 Model Y before I replaced it with the 2024 edition.
While I was impressed with FSD 12.3, it was noticeably slower than v11.x. Some would argue it's more cautious. Either way, it was MUCH slower, wouldn't even run at the posted speed limit in most cases. I'm curious to try it again but I can wait.

Reactions: seenhear
While I was impressed with FSD 12.3, it was noticeably slower than v11.x. Some would argue it's more cautious. Either way, it was MUCH slower, wouldn't even run at the posted speed limit in most cases. I'm curious to try it again but I can wait.
I’ve noticed the same thing in my wife’s 2023 MY, which has v12.3 (2023.44.30.25). On city streets with no one in front of me, the car won’t go at my set speed in most cases, but if I press the throttle a bit to go faster, the car might maintain the new speed. My set speed might be 5-10 miles over the speed limit, depending on the limit. On the highway it works as expected.

Reactions: seenhear
To help others, my MY updated to 2024.3.6 early last night and I just received the FSD email about an hour ago.

fsd2.png

Awesome! I have a new Model Y 2024, with FSD 11.4.9 (2024.2.7).
I got a brief taste of FSD v12.3 on my 2021 Model Y before I replaced it with the 2024 edition.
We got FSD 12 yesterday and it is awesome. When comes to speed, in aggressive option is fast. There is also one more option to mark in Autopilot menu. Don't remember now but is about keeping speed according to conditions (other cars for example).

Reactions: KDeanCville
I traded in our Model Y LR AWD a couple of weeks back for a new one with the HW4 cameras and was able to transfer our FSD to the new Model Y LR AWD. Yesterday, Good Friday, new software downloaded: 2024.3.6 including FSD Beta v12.3.2.1 and 2024.2.11 Autopark. On our first drives today with the new software the changes are certainly welcome - much improved over FSD Beta 11.4.9 which we had previously. However, I was very disappointed to find that once I chose FSD it implemented (without any ability for me to thwart this) the convention of only pulling on your right steering wheel stalk ONCE to put you into FSD. When I switched out of FSD into Traffic Aware cruise control (stopped using the Autopilot settings display) I lost all normal access to FSD. I did get FSD back by having the car stopped and rebooting it, but that's a pretty inconvenient process. I really valued the old pattern of pulling on your stalk once for traffic aware cruise control and TWICE for FSD, and then falling back into traffic aware cruise control when you exit FSD - which NO LONGER HAPPENS. Quite a nuisance to my mind. I hope this is just temporary. I really like traffic aware cruise control for letting me drive along pretty normally but with superior control of my speed relative to the speed limit. FSD has not offered the fine degree of steering control I often value - pot holes for example. The new FSD is pretty good but you can still like to have control of steering at times and also simultaneously be regulating speed automatically. In travelling to a newly built home in an area where there was navigational confusion over the names of roads and the street numbers where we were, the new FSD v12 would have driven us right into a ditch making a right turn from one street to another had I not intervened to prevent this from happening. For the most part the FSD was excellent. I share my data pretty fully with Tesla so they have everything on what happened. I wonder if that might not be a factor in why I was so lucky to get the beta software so soon. With respect to Autopark, I'm afraid our garage being empty with a door open is not recognized as a potential parking space! Also I really need to enter frontwards to get the best ability to widely open the trunk. The business of doing all parking backwards makes sense because the rearmost camera is all the way back, whereas the situation in the front lacks a camera really far forward. Musk might say "Everyone knows hindsight is better than foresight!". lol But just maybe that could be improved. Final detail: we're in Canada.

I discovered the up to date documentation I have on Autopark. It requires 3 lines to be painted on my garage floor such that the software can recognize that a garage bay is is a parking space. But that would not get over my problem with the 6 foot 5 inch ceiling at the deep end of that garage bay. I could use the other garage bay but my garage is at the bottom of a hill and also at the top of a further steep drop. Entry into the other bay going backwards really needs you to back the car toward that bay - unnatural. Further, I'd need to install another charger - not a huge issue as one could argue that must inevitably come. The reason I'm set up for the more "uphill side" bay is that it is the easiest bay to drive downhill into and then easiest to back out away from uphill such that you can drive uphill to enter the street. Being able to enter the garage frontwards really makes the most sense. I can spaghetti my arrangements to get past that but I just introduce unpalatable further maneuvering requirements. Better foresight needed Tesla! lol