Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t give a crap if it affects him. I just have no interest in watching someone use the system irresponsibly.
Understand.

I personally think he has shown that he's fully ready to take over when necessary. It's not like he's drinking coffee and eating pastries while driving.

I'd personally have my hands on the wheel (similar to how James Locke does it) but I wouldn't go so far as to say that this other guy is being wildly irresponsible.

On another topic, not that there was any debate, but that video sure does prove without a doubt that the car uses quite detailed map data to generate the base visualizations. (The steep approaches to the intersections which still show full detail including crosswalks, even when there would be no way for the high-mounted camera to see the intersection, make it very clear.) I guess they blend in the perception onto that base data or something. Presumably if the perception is deemed good enough and it conflicts, then that takes priority?

Knowing the number of lanes doesn't require HD maps. Even my little old Garmin with SD maps knows how many lanes wide each road is. Yes, clearly they are blending map data, but there's no evidence it is LIDAR mapped super-duper resolution.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
I personally think he has shown that he's fully ready to take over when necessary.
It seems like his threshold of "necessary" is to avoid an accident. I realize he's testing this case at 1am with nobody nearby, but FSD beta suddenly changed lanes in an intersection then switched back after realizing it followed the wrong lines, and he let the car do its thing:

wrong lane.jpg

Unclear if Autopilot team is relying on active disengagements and feedback to notice this issue or if there's triggers to detect patterns of "this sudden maneuver wasn't necessary / turned out to be wrong."

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD