Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed in several videos that autopilot can be initiated without navigation. Can someone who has the beta say whether you can direct where it turns (or doesn't turn) by using the turn signal. In other words can you direct the vehicle to your destination without using navigation.

No, at least one of the drivers tried and he reported that it ignored him turning the turn signals on for anything other than a lane change. (It won't make a turn based on the turn signals.)

one test I'd love to see: A few smart summons where the car is parked parallell to a curb in a parking lot. An end spot. Then the driver is on the other side of where the curb is.

With my smart summon, on more than one occassion, the car doesnt pull far enough out of the spot, prior to turning. Wheels then go up/over the curb. Almost as if the sensors/cameras dont know the curb is there

Last edited:
Reactions: n.one.one
another perspective. (and not to make excuses, just stating some reality). Not sure I can FULLY rely on AP in an area that I dont usually drive in much. Too many variables and unknowns. Contrast that to my regualr drives (mall, barber, grocery, park, friends house, work, etc) where I know the roads, know the gotchas (ex: excessively raised manhole cover, center lane, 1 mile from the house, need to take over if Im in that lane or else the 21" wheel will hit it hard) or non gotchas, and can comfortably let it do its thing.

I assume I will most likely be treating FSD that way once it is released to the masses.

Even on the highway, where AP is excellent? Still have to pay full attention as you never know when a huge piece of debris (chunk of 18wheeler tire) may just pop up and the AP wont detect it/would just hit it Im assuming.