Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Four reasons owning a Model S has been bad for me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife refers to my car as "your mistress".

Your wife and my wife should meet someday. They seem to think alike and have at least one subject they can talk about: their Tesla crazy husbands. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Being on the verge of ordering, I was avoiding this thread. Then the other half of my brain took over and said it needed to analyze all pros and cons. Such a jerk.
:biggrin:

Well, now that you know all our little secrets, think carefully before pressing that order button.
You can no longer pretend that we didn't warn you... :wink:

+1 Being on the verge of ordering, I was avoiding this thread. Then the other half of my brain took over and said it needed to analyze all pros and cons. Such a jerk.
:biggrin:

Wait, there are cons? nobody told me anything about cons! The wool has been pulled over my eyes. I'm going to go burn off this steam by driving around in my car for a few hours.... soooooo ANGRY!

1. Today I got changed to go for a run, but saw my Model S as I was about to leave. Decided to go for a drive instead.
  2. My son asked me "what does it feel like for a cheetah to effortlessly burst from 20mph to 55mph". I tell him "let's get in the car and I'll show you." He nows thinks I need professional help.
  3. Planned 10 min trip to the grocery store. Ended up taking 30 mins because I had to show everyone my "frunk."
  4. Girlfriend caught me staring at my car today. She said, "I feel like you love your car more than you love me. Do you?" Very long and awkward pause ensued.

Yeah, it's rough, but someone's got to do it...saving the environment while driving in style. :biggrin:

Tell your girfriend that you love her more, so much more that you're driving her around in the safest car ever built.

Larry

Just to prove this isn't a guy-only thing...
A good friend invited her boyfriend and his single guy friend and me to dinner to introduce us.
We ended up talking about cars.
Afterwards, she told me the guys said "she doesn't need a boyfriend, she has a Tesla!"

*sigh* I didn't realize it was a mutually exclusive choice...:rolleyes:

Wait, there are cons? nobody told me anything about cons! The wool has been pulled over my eyes. I'm going to go burn off this steam by driving around in my car for a few hours.... soooooo ANGRY!
we feel your pain, Pete, you've been ranting about it for days. Giving a ride to the guy who hits you?!? That is addiction.

Just got back from a drive down Hwy 17 and Hwy 1 to Aptos (south of Santa Cruz). Beautiful day at the beach and we were lucky to spot a sea lion and several dolphins as well.

And, all I am reliving in my mind at this moment is the drive around the twisties of Hwy 17. Gosh, I love this car. Yes, my wife's pretty sure too that "Tessie" is my true love. :)

we feel your pain, Pete, you've been ranting about it for days. Giving a ride to the guy who hits you?!? That is addiction.

Addiction no, lightening the mood of a situation where he was clearly upset about hitting an expensive car... yes, and it worked.

Just got back from a drive down Hwy 17 and Hwy 1 to Aptos (south of Santa Cruz). Beautiful day at the beach and we were lucky to spot a sea lion and several dolphins as well.

And, all I am reliving in my mind at this moment is the drive around the twisties of Hwy 17. Gosh, I love this car. Yes, my wife's pretty sure too that "Tessie" is my true love. :)

Happy to hear you got to take the car out on 17! It's a really nice drive! If you ever have the chance to drive it late (after midnight) on a week night, it's nice and open.

2. My son asked me "what does it feel like for a cheetah to effortlessly burst from 20mph to 55mph". I tell him "let's get in the car and I'll show you." He nows thinks I need professional help.

I fully agree that the Model S channels the spirit of a cheetah. I am reminded of the comment of a friend while observing a cheetah on safari, "Doesn't she just look fast." So true, and with cat's eyes to match. All that is missing is some wicked incisors when opening the frunk.

BTW, my forum name is Swahili for... cheetah. :p

I never spent time on any online communities of any vehicle I ever owned in my life except the Model S.
I used to avoid using the car (my old ICE), now I try to find an excuse to drive more.
Flying seems totally overrated to me. I'd rather drive.
I used to avoid getting lots of mines on my car. Now I want to be in the top of the list of people with the most miles.

I never spent time on any online communities of any vehicle I ever owned in my life except the Model S.
I used to avoid using the car (my old ICE), now I try to find an excuse to drive more.
At one time flying was a good experience, but then deregulation hit and now it's the equivalent of a bus ride only with more cramped seating--something to be avoided unless there is a substantial body of water between you and your destination.

I used to avoid getting lots of mines on my car. Now I want to be in the top of the list of people with the most miles.
I was active in online forums about a couple if airplanes I owned, and was an avid pilot, but;
now I want to drive my Tesla;
i have d riven my Tesla more miles this year than I have ever driven any other car I ever owned;