Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Production Cars Delivered Sep 29 at Factory per Elon Tweet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, to answer the question I posed to you...it didn't actually help you to decide whether to confirm your X reservation or not. But it did give you MORE to consider, as I suggested speculation does.

Putting one's head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich is certainly a viable purchase satisfaction strategy at times. I use it myself too sometimes, what you don't know may not hurt you - avoiding forums is a good way to not find out things to watch out for and chances are one won't notice them themselves.

That said, IF one wants to know about their purchase as much as possible and make an educated choice - or know they'll be unhappy if they miss something - that strategy works much worse. Because in that case you can either think much pre-purchase or do it anyway post-purchase. Doing the thinking beforehand gives you more and less costly options.

AnxietyRanger said:
Tesla isn't talking - and even when they are, their interests aren't aligned with our interests, as they don't want to tell about future product changes that we as buyers might have an interest in finding out. That leaves unofficial and communal channels as the alternative.
That is a big pile of smelly. Back on topic, none of the people receiving their Founders X on Sept 29 care about speculation. And none of the Sig or production reservation holders have to confirm their Model X prior to seeing, feeling and driving one if that's what they require before deciding.

The Founders' don't care because they have insider information anyway. As for Signature reservation holders, it remains to be seen how open Tesla is about possible soon-after Signature model features at the launch. Maybe they will go into detail as well as lay out the roadmap for the first year, in which case speculation on it would be less pertinent.

My point stands in general, though: Companies have an interest not keeping their customers informed of product changes (and, in some cases, product limitations) - and customers have an interest in knowing. It would be unreasonable to ask the company to go against their interest, but equally it would be unreasonable to then ask the customer to just blindly take the company's word for things. Thus we need unofficial data like leaks and community analysis/speculation to balance things out.

The rest of your post was wasted on me. You knew it would be knowing that I prefer to communicate without all the extra verbiage, just as I know you dislike it when I parse your posts and/or answer with one word sentences.

As I said, the community pressure cooker on developing thoughts requires we actually discuss those thoughts. Reverting to comments on style, person or funny pictures some others use does not develop those thoughts - hence my dislike. As for comparing our posts, at least you have longer explanations to understand me from were you to so desire, I have often much less to go by with the cryptic one-liner responses I get. :)

They certainly did not offer that option to me. I may not be #2 but it's a pretty low number, waited 3.5 years, deposit in place. The TM person told me I would most likely need to configure without more information. If offered, I'd fly down, sign NDA, whatever needed in order to have more information before configuring and confirming. I'll have to wait and see. I guess the option is always there to drop out of signature series. Tough to do after all this time.

If you confirm sight unseen and for whatever reason decided you were not happy, I'm sure you could flip a sig early in the process and at a minimum make yourself whole.

No speculation needed for my order. Tesla management has been crystal clear about my local delivery. The only unknown is the delivery date. Even if I was asked to see my X come off the production line, I would want them to put it on a transporter so I would have flawless paint and a chip free windshield at the local Tesla service center. Don't speculate, NO invite has occurred or hinted for the 29th. Tesla has told me personally that the handoff ceremony is not a event where the Tesla vehicle owners are included or can call (as I occasionally have) to ask to be added to the list.

IMHO, the Fremont factory workers are the ones who should be in the audience and celebrate their work, their production accomplishments and the historic delivery event to the fullest. They deserve our praise for the excellence we all enjoy everyday while driving a incredible Tesla Motors electric vehicle.

I certainly respect that your order requires no speculation. That is your choice.

However, to note, if you are one of the early Signature configureres, either Tesla has filled you in on the details under NDA, or I would argue there are tons on unknowns regarding the product you have ordered. :)

Putting one's head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich is certainly a viable purchase satisfaction strategy at times.

Uh, huh, except there's no one putting their head in the sand.

The Founders' don't care because they have insider information anyway. As for Signature reservation holders, it remains to be seen how open Tesla is about possible soon-after Signature model features at the launch. Maybe they will go into detail as well as lay out the roadmap for the first year, in which case speculation on it would be less pertinent.

Irrelevant, not applicable, making stuff up just to have something to go on about etc... Once Founders have their cars the car is 'out', no more secrets about it can be kept, it'll be all over the Internet, Tesla will loosen their lips, and Signature reservationists will have a much easier time coming by information required to make their confirmation decisions without requiring any guesswork on your or anyone else's part. The option to defer until such date is real and isn't going to kill anyone. Doing so also doesn't muddy the waters along the way, or get people all emotional and up in arms because they've misinterpreted speculation as fact - cause that's never happened before. :rolleyes:

My point stands in general, though: Companies have an interest not keeping their customers informed of product changes (and, in some cases, product limitations) - and customers have an interest in knowing. It would be unreasonable to ask the company to go against their interest, but equally it would be unreasonable to then ask the customer to just blindly take the company's word for things. Thus we need unofficial data like leaks and community analysis/speculation to balance things out.

Uh, huh and yet Tesla has several times announced product changes well ahead. So well ahead that some people are complaining about it, right here on this forum. So what you meant to say is SOME TIMES a company's very SPECIFIC interest doesn't align with SOME of their customers or potential customers on said very SPECIFIC interest. When it doesn't suit the dialogue you want to have, you are quick to change your 'style'.

As I said, the community pressure cooker on developing thoughts requires we actually discuss those thoughts. Reverting to comments on style, person or funny pictures some others use does not develop those thoughts - hence my dislike. As for comparing our posts, at least you have longer explanations to understand me from were you to so desire, I have often much less to go by with the cryptic one-liner responses I get. :)

Now the forum is a pressure cooker? And no, we don't have to discuss anything we don't want to, some discussion topics here are even frowned upon (politics, religion), and people get to be themselves as long as they post within forum rules. Funny pictures, and all those things you dislike serve as important a purpose here as long-winded horse beating posts. I know you'd like to control the direction of this forum, that's been apparent from your many berating posts about TMC and some of its members, but that's not going to happen and so...

...I mention posting style because as someone (you) who often talks about the importance of good communication, I'd have thought YOU would try harder to communicate in a form that those you are directly posting to prefer instead of trying to run over them with your own 'style'. I think it only fair, since it's a main point of contention for YOU, that YOU start the ball rolling. For instance when posting directly to me, you could just keep to facts and be succinct. I'd appreciate that and then by human nature I'd be more inclined to communicate back to you in the manner I know you prefer - kind of like I did just now addressing each statement you made with multiple sentences and fuller explanations, and no funny pictures.

Last edited:
Once Founders have their cars the car is 'out', no more secrets about it can be kept, it'll be all over the Internet, Tesla will loosen their lips, and Signature reservationists will have a much easier time coming by information required to make their confirmation decisions without requiring any guesswork on your or anyone else's part.

I think I agree with this, but part of me wonders if there really will be a flood of information when the Founders get their cars. Are the (very) limited number of founders likely to broadcast exhaustive information about their cars, or just go on living their privileged and private lives?

I wasn't around when the S founders got their cars, and even if I was, this isn't exactly apples to apples; do people expect that Tesla will reveal all on 9/29, or that individual Founders themselves will?

I think I agree with this, but part of me wonders if there really will be a flood of information when the Founders get their cars. Are the (very) limited number of founders likely to broadcast exhaustive information about their cars, or just go on living their privileged and private lives?

Even if they did, I'd take that a step further. Why do we need to head to the internet to gleam morsels of information dropped by the founders so that we can configure when Tesla should be giving us that information to begin with? With "over speculating" getting some heat here recently, why should it then be relied on to make a purchase decision? Why can't Tesla just step their communication game up?

Even if they did, I'd take that a step further. Why do we need to head to the internet to gleam morsels of information dropped by the founders so that we can configure when Tesla should be giving us that information to begin with? With "over speculating" getting some heat here recently, why should it then be relied on to make a purchase decision? Why can't Tesla just step their communication game up?

I have to so strongly agree. We should be past all the hiding. People, including me, are spending A LOT on this car. I can't understand why, at least after the founders event, TM isn't 100% open with every possible detail of the car. It makes no sense. Where is the gain? I should be able to call and ask how many stitches there are in the headrest. Granted the person on the phone might not know but he should be able to track it down and answer the question. Geez... I can't even figure out how to wire my house since I can't get information. Sure I can pay double to find an electrician willing to drop everything on their schedule to come wire things up after I know but why should I have to do that? I can do it with minimal expense if I have information and time. Plus, there is the issue of permits which do not happen overnight. Not sure how I pick up the car and then bring it home to charge at 110v, 3 MPH. That's going to be a problem. I am a staunch supporter of what the company is doing and think that Elon is amazing with his accomplishments but not sure that I have ever been so frustrated with a process.

O-G, at Signature #292, the earliest you'll be able to use the Design Studio is the week of September 28th. By then, a lot of information should have been finalized and made available to everyone. There is a very strong likelihood that you won't be asked to configured until well into October, and if that is the case, you'll have plenty of time to arrange the wiring. But I definitely feel and understand your anxiety. For better or worse, Tesla has some reasons (e.g. maximizing Model-S sales, not being ready, publicity stunt, etc.) for doing things this way. Sometimes, there are negative reasons for the silence that they don't want to publicize, so we'll just have to be a little more patient. I personally think that Tesla (and their suppliers) are still not quite ready and they're trying to get the production line in order, so they're not as far along in the planning as we would like to think they are.

I have to so strongly agree. We should be past all the hiding. People, including me, are spending A LOT on this car. I can't understand why, at least after the founders event, TM isn't 100% open with every possible detail of the car. It makes no sense. Where is the gain? I should be able to call and ask how many stitches there are in the headrest. Granted the person on the phone might not know but he should be able to track it down and answer the question. Geez... I can't even figure out how to wire my house since I can't get information. Sure I can pay double to find an electrician willing to drop everything on their schedule to come wire things up after I know but why should I have to do that? I can do it with minimal expense if I have information and time. Plus, there is the issue of permits which do not happen overnight. Not sure how I pick up the car and then bring it home to charge at 110v, 3 MPH. That's going to be a problem. I am a staunch supporter of what the company is doing and think that Elon is amazing with his accomplishments but not sure that I have ever been so frustrated with a process.

Why do we need to head to the internet to gleam morsels of information dropped by the founders so that we can configure when Tesla should be giving us that information to begin with? With "over speculating" getting some heat here recently, why should it then be relied on to make a purchase decision? Why can't Tesla just step their communication game up?

1) You don't have to go to the Internet to gleam morsels of information dropped by the Founders so that you can configure... You can just communicate directly with Tesla and wait patiently for them to answer your configuration questions and/or defer. The time will come, as it always does, when Tesla no longer cares to keep the relevant information to themselves. Logically that'll be September 30, 2015 where the Model X is concerned.

2) Tesla has chosen a particular way to do business. You always have the option to not be a part of that. Tesla isn't hiding the fact that they're going to be stingy with information. Indeed, the CEO made an in-your-face statement last year at one of the ERs and point blank said that Tesla would be keeping their cards closer to their chest from that point forward. The CEO also repeatedly told everyone that there would be no Model X reveal until the first vehicles (Founder) were delivered and yet we've got Model X Reveal Speculation threads, like the Stephen Colbert one. It's not like Tesla keeping stuff secret is a secret. We've had leaked info on this forum asked to be removed by Tesla. If this style of doing business is not agreeable to some people, then those people are free to deal with a company more to their liking.

The angst of some people on this topic is baffling to me, because it's mostly self-induced.

1) You don't have to go to the Internet to gleam morsels of information dropped by the Founders so that you can configure... You can just communicate directly with Tesla and wait patiently for them to answer your configuration questions and/or defer. The time will come, as it always does, when Tesla no longer cares to keep the relevant information to themselves. Logically that'll be September 30, 2015 where the Model X is concerned.

2) Tesla has chosen a particular way to do business. You always have the option to not be a part of that. Tesla isn't hiding the fact that they're going to be stingy with information. Indeed, the CEO made an in-your-face statement last year at one of the ERs and point blank said that Tesla would be keeping their cards closer to their chest from that point forward. The CEO also repeatedly told everyone that there would be no Model X reveal until the first vehicles (Founder) were delivered and yet we've got Model X Reveal Speculation threads, like the Stephen Colbert one. It's not like Tesla keeping stuff secret is a secret. We've had leaked info on this forum asked to be removed by Tesla. If this style of doing business is not agreeable to some people, then those people are free to deal with a company more to their liking.

The angst of some people on this topic is baffling to me, because it's mostly self-induced.

While I get your points, there's a certain amount of arrogance displayed by Tesla by assuming that folks would go along with this plan of promising to pay them a lot of money based upon incomplete information. Yes, the reservation is not really a promise to do anything but Tesla has, in my opinion to obligation to proceed in good faith with those who've let Tesla hold onto a sizable chunk of money for many years. Asking those people to now finalize orders without knowing some pretty basic things about the car is a pretty crappy way to treat customers who've demonstrated a lot of faith and patience.

When Tesla released Model S, the Sig reservation holders has way more information about the car then Model X Sig holders do. Heck, most of them even got to test drive the thing if they wanted to. It was reasonable to assume Tesla would follow a similar schedule with Model X.

My understanding is that many folks have tried to get information from Tesla about some of these basic things and have been told there isn't anything to tell yet. They're delivering cars in three weeks, they know what kind of headlights is has and what kind of charger they're putting in it. In fact, they've already got those parts in hand or on order.

Bottom line for me is that while Tesla may treat people like this, they really shouldn't. It's a bad way to build relationships with customers and it's easy to avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve J seems like he'll share lots of photos and hopefully info...

We knew many, many things about Model S when the founders took delivery in early June 2012. There were no questions like: what kind of headlights does it have, what kind of charging equipment does it come with and do the seats fold? This whole, we're going to keep it all really hush hush until we deliver cars thing is new for Model X.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the notion of committing to buy a car with the amount of info Tesla has provided to the early reservation folks is baffling to me. It doesn't need to happen and yet, inexplicably, it is. I get that they want to keep things secret but why do they need to? Drum up demand on "launch" day? That's nonsense, they've got plenty of reservations and will get more when the things hit the road regardless.

I get that early folks may not get a test drive, they want the first cars to go to owners and maybe a few press cars but they can tell us what kind of headlights it has.

That is an option, not the option, though.

The other option is to do your legal utmost to gain early access to information, insight and understanding that Tesla is not willingly departing with yet. Obviously many of us here are choosing that option - because even when companies are ready to depart with new product information, there is always the next round they are holding close to their chests, which might interest us in our own decision making.

Tesla has their interests and we have ours. Somewhere along the middle they meet. That's only fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant, not applicable, making stuff up just to have something to go on about etc... Once Founders have their cars the car is 'out', no more secrets about it can be kept, it'll be all over the Internet, Tesla will loosen their lips, and Signature reservationists will have a much easier time coming by information required to make their confirmation decisions without requiring any guesswork on your or anyone else's part. The option to defer until such date is real and isn't going to kill anyone. Doing so also doesn't muddy the waters along the way, or get people all emotional and up in arms because they've misinterpreted speculation as fact - cause that's never happened before. :rolleyes:

Even when the Founders' cars are out, and the car is launched, we probably won't know what features Tesla skipped from the initial launch and are only coming up with a little later. That is where unofficial information, speculation and analysis can help. But I do agree the launch in late September will alleviate many of the basic concerns of Signature reservationists. And if we are lucky, maybe Tesla will even spill some beans on the Model X roadmap.

Uh, huh and yet Tesla has several times announced product changes well ahead. So well ahead that some people are complaining about it, right here on this forum. So what you meant to say is SOME TIMES a company's very SPECIFIC interest doesn't align with SOME of their customers or potential customers on said very SPECIFIC interest. When it doesn't suit the dialogue you want to have, you are quick to change your 'style'.

Obviously my comment was related to those cases where Tesla - or other companies - have not announced product changes beforehand. Although, even in cases where they do announce before hand, unofficial data and speculation may have gotten there even sooner, possibly helping some customers defer their purchase decisions if waiting for a particular soon-to-come feature matters for them.

Now the forum is a pressure cooker? And no, we don't have to discuss anything we don't want to, some discussion topics here are even frowned upon (politics, religion), and people get to be themselves as long as they post within forum rules. Funny pictures, and all those things you dislike serve as important a purpose here as long-winded horse beating posts. I know you'd like to control the direction of this forum, that's been apparent from your many berating posts about TMC and some of its members, but that's not going to happen and so...

Metaphor, obviously. As for controlling the forum, I have no such desire. I am expressing my views, as are you. Do I hope some of those views affect, IMO, positive change? Of course. Control? No.

...I mention posting style because as someone (you) who often talks about the importance of good communication, I'd have thought YOU would try harder to communicate in a form that those you are directly posting to prefer instead of trying to run over them with your own 'style'. I think it only fair, since it's a main point of contention for YOU, that YOU start the ball rolling. For instance when posting directly to me, you could just keep to facts and be succinct. I'd appreciate that and then by human nature I'd be more inclined to communicate back to you in the manner I know you prefer - kind of like I did just now addressing each statement you made with multiple sentences and fuller explanations, and no funny pictures.

Addressing people from their viewpoint is, of course, a good communications strategy. Hard to accomplish sometimes in the heat of the moment, but I don't disagree with this goal.

lol, the good ole "you don't like it!? LEAVE!" response. I love my car, and I suspect I'll love the X as well. I don't, however, love doing business with Tesla Motors the company.

Since there seems to be some notion that I'm too much of an idiot to reach out to get the information I want, I've emailed three times (and sent a followup this morning before even hitting TMC). Tesla isn't even giving the decency of a "we can't answer that right now" response. Just dead silence.

They're the only game in town right now, so they can afford to treat customers like crap and we'll have to grin and bear it, but I can't see that lasting forever.

I agree Krugerrand that the angst is self-induced and I would go further to say that Tesla has purposely created an environment where this type of reaction can flourish. All this uncertainty has created a huge discussion which has kept Tesla in the foreground of everyone's attention. Imagine if all our questions were answered - we would all say, "great, let's move on with the rest of our lives". This is a great marketing strategy which has other benefits too: it can allow Tesla to change their minds and make last-minute decisions without having to make it public and preserving Tesla's image as a well thought-out company. This policy works for Apple too.

Now, Tesla is not perfect and they have and will continue to make mistakes or at the very least make choices that could have been better. Pointing out improvements can be a constructive endeavour done with deep affection for the company. It seems very obvious to me that about 98% of the people in this forum are Tesla "fans" (of varying degree) with a few trolls every once in awhile. But those trolls never seem to last more than a few months. Telling a fan to go "deal with a company more to their liking" is a very stinging and insulting statement to someone that would like to see Tesla flourish, and it doesn't help reduce the angst in any way.

Just saying, I think we all have a lot more in common than we are diverse, which is why we all flocked to this forum.

I agree Krugerrand that the angst is self-induced and I would go further to say that Tesla has purposely created an environment where this type of reaction can flourish. All this uncertainty has created a huge discussion which has kept Tesla in the foreground of everyone's attention. Imagine if all our questions were answered - we would all say, "great, let's move on with the rest of our lives". This is a great marketing strategy which has other benefits too: it can allow Tesla to change their minds and make last-minute decisions without having to make it public and preserving Tesla's image as a well thought-out company. This policy works for Apple too.

Now, Tesla is not perfect and they have and will continue to make mistakes or at the very least make choices that could have been better. Pointing out improvements can be a constructive endeavour done with deep affection for the company. It seems very obvious to me that about 98% of the people in this forum are Tesla "fans" (of varying degree) with a few trolls every once in awhile. But those trolls never seem to last more than a few months. Telling a fan to go "deal with a company more to their liking" is a very stinging and insulting statement to someone that would like to see Tesla flourish, and it doesn't help reduce the angst in any way.

Just saying, I think we all have a lot more in common than we are diverse, which is why we all flocked to this forum.

Do y'all think that you are going to get any different response from Ford, GM, Chrysler? Tesla may not sell as many cars but seriously... what do you think the Big three reveal prior to making the vehicle available to the public? Walk into a dealer and ask to order a 2017 anything. When they laugh, complain that you saw that the manufacturer had announced the car and showed it in a marketing campaign. When they kick you out, go to the headquarters and see if anyone cares to listen, take an order for a car or give you any hint to any details of the 2017 release.

Do y'all think that you are going to get any different response from Ford, GM, Chrysler? Tesla may not sell as many cars but seriously... what do you think the Big three reveal prior to making the vehicle available to the public? Walk into a dealer and ask to order a 2017 anything. When they laugh, complain that you saw that the manufacturer had announced the car and showed it in a marketing campaign. When they kick you out, go to the headquarters and see if anyone cares to listen, take an order for a car or give you any hint to any details of the 2017 release.

That's not a good analogy IMO. Ford or GM aren't holding 10's of thousands of dollars in deposits. Nor are they asking folks to confirm their order for said product sans-info. I see you're #7004. Would you feel the same if, when your time came to order, you had little information to go on? If you had questions that no one would answer?

That's not a good analogy IMO. Ford or GM aren't holding 10's of thousands of dollars in deposits. Nor are they asking folks to confirm their order for said product sans-info. I see you're #7004. Would you feel the same if, when your time came to order, you had little information to go on? If you had questions that no one would answer?

My wife and I visited a store this weekend in fact to look at colors and combinations. Yes, we are very very comfortable finishing our order with the info available right now. Our only dilemma comes if the white seats are available for production models.
My point though is that we all put ourselves in the position we are in. We, for whatever our individual reasons are, chose to put down money on a car that was not yet developed. Don't blame Tesla for not providing information that was never implied to be available on confirmation let alone promised to be available.
I know I sound like a brat and don't mean to be. Healthy discussion, I am buying first round.

While I get your points, there's a certain amount of arrogance displayed by Tesla by assuming that folks would go along with this plan of promising to pay them a lot of money based upon incomplete information.

I'm not disagreeing with or arguing that point or any related point. But none of *this* (what's being discussed) is new, or news, or top secret. So when one willingly becomes a part of it by plunking down a reservation, you agree to play by Tesla's rules. To suddenly think that because your number (reservation) has been called will lead to Tesla becoming unTeslalike is to delude one's self and create a bunch of self-induced angst.

To be clear, I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with Tesla's business choices, I'm accepting the truth of them and reminding everyone that it's been this way since the beginning and that you made that choice. If it's no longer something you want to do, make a different choice and be done with it.

Yes, the reservation is not really a promise to do anything but Tesla has, in my opinion to obligation to proceed in good faith with those who've let Tesla hold onto a sizable chunk of money for many years. Asking those people to now finalize orders without knowing some pretty basic things about the car is a pretty crappy way to treat customers who've demonstrated a lot of faith and patience.

Tesla is not forcing anyone to confirm their orders if they aren't comfortable with the amount of information they possess. The option for you to defer or get a full refund is on the table and always has been. Even the option to test drive will be made available to you if you require it. There's nothing crappy going on except a bunch of impatience. Yes, I understand it's been a long wait. And again I remind you, you've chosen not to get a refund all this time.

When Tesla released Model S, the Sig reservation holders has way more information about the car then Model X Sig holders do. Heck, most of them even got to test drive the thing if they wanted to. It was reasonable to assume Tesla would follow a similar schedule with Model X.

The information will be available on Sept 30 and as I said, if you require a test drive you'll be given that opportunity.

My understanding is that many folks have tried to get information from Tesla about some of these basic things and have been told there isn't anything to tell yet. They're delivering cars in three weeks, they know what kind of headlights is has and what kind of charger they're putting in it. In fact, they've already got those parts in hand or on order.

They are delivering a handful of Founder's cars in 3 weeks. The Founders either know what they are getting (quite likely), or they don't care (also quite likely). Following the Sept 29th event, information that some Sig reservationists need to know prior to confirming will be available. The release of this information is not new, news, or a surprise. Tesla has telegraphed this for quite some time now.

Bottom line for me is that while Tesla may treat people like this, they really shouldn't. It's a bad way to build relationships with customers and it's easy to avoid.

You willingly took part in this experience by placing a reservation for a vehicle you only saw as a prototype. You willingly took part in the long wait, at no point taking the opportunity afforded to you to cancel and receive a refund. I understand you feel you've been mistreated, but you played a role and you need to be responsible for your part and the choices you've made along the way. Make different choices where Tesla is concerned if you need to.

- - - Updated - - -

Telling a fan to go "deal with a company more to their liking" is a very stinging and insulting statement to someone that would like to see Tesla flourish, and it doesn't help reduce the angst in any way.

First, I don't differentiate between fans and non-fans when I comment. It's irrelevant. Secondly, it's no more stinging and insulting to remind people they have options and the ability to make other choices that would relieve their angst and make them happier than it is stinging and insulting to continually berate Tesla for choosing their business model, particularly if you're going to claim the people doing it are 'fans'. People love to talk about constructive criticism being helpful for Tesla and yet most of those talking about it don't have the first clue how to present said constructive criticism.