Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing the delivery button again on the "My Tesla" page but everytime I click on it I'm taken back to the "My Tesla" page. I've already filled out the questionnaire about delivery so I wonder if this is something different or just a glitch in the matrix.

IMHO the wide view is that they've been taking a deserved holiday and are back at it only a few business days so far. Therefore, I've only sent a single email to delivery crew, and not tried to burrow into their ears quite yet...

Obviously that could and should change soon; more for the earlier ones than mine (1-21 - 2/4 for me).

David

i've also been holding off on bugging them. I figure give them at least a few days to get the factory up and churning out cars again. If you didn't have a VIN before they went on break at the end of the year, it's highly unlikely you would have one till mid week at the earliest anyway.

If I haven't heard, i'll probably start bugging them thursday or friday this week :)

As an update, I called to get the scoop on this and here is what I was told:

It takes about 10 days for a car to be built form start to finish at this point in time. As a result, VINs are being assigned about 10 or so days before the car is due to be completed. No reason to worry unless you are less than 10 days prior to the last day of your window and have not yet been contacted.

FWIW, I hope that helps.

Cheers.

As an update, I called to get the scoop on this and here is what I was told:

It takes about 10 days for a car to be built form start to finish at this point in time. As a result, VINs are being assigned about 10 or so days before the car is due to be completed. No reason to worry unless you are less than 10 days prior to the last day of your window and have not yet been contacted.

FWIW, I hope that helps.

Cheers.

yeah - but that doesn't account for travel time... which they should be aware of when calculating delivery windows. I was thinking another 10 days after the factory is done with it would be a reasonable "delivery" window for an east coaster. (and i know i've heard some stories about a lot worse than that on the forums here. Still hoping they continue to improve).

The earliest range given is 1/12-1/26. There is at least one R and several low P 60kWh cars, at least up to my P631 car, that have all been given this range. I will report as soon as I hear from Tesla about a VIN or a more solid delivery date.

Congratulations on being one of the very first 60 kWh deliveries. As a fellow 60 kWh reservation holder I can't wait to read your delivery story! Everyone talks about get the "red button" on your My Tesla page but should I also expect an email alerting me to go press the button? I haven't been checking the My Tesla page every day (but pretty darn close). I've already seen my config PDF about 40,000 times (to feed my obsession I've gotta keep checking just in case the Tesla elves changed it in the middle of the night :smile:)