Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote two days ago to a Tesla Ownership Experience Advocate about the delivery time frame for my 60kwh Model S (P4805), and here is his response:

"Production of Model S with a 60 kWh battery and active air suspension will begin in January. This gives your order a delivery estimate of the second half of January or early February.
The next thing that will happen is the delivery team will contact you to organize the logistics of handing over your Model S keys. Keep an eye out for their email."

Well, at least it's a little more promising than mid-March!

-Lenn
60kWh, Pearl White, Active-Air, Piano, Black Leather, Pano, Supercharging, Tech, Audio, 19' wheels,

Someone on the TM forums says that a 60 kWH reservation holder got a VIN, and the poster is trying to confirm it:

"noel.smyth"
Is the first 60kwh to get a VIN. I am trying to get him to reply to my question to confirm that. Maybe someone knows him and can ask. Maybe he upgraded to an 85kwh, but if not he would be the first I know of. I live close to him in Drexel Hill PA so I would like to compare notes.

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Someone on the TM forums says that a 60 kWH reservation holder got a VIN, and the poster is trying to confirm it:

"noel.smyth"
Is the first 60kwh to get a VIN. I am trying to get him to reply to my question to confirm that. Maybe someone knows him and can ask. Maybe he upgraded to an 85kwh, but if not he would be the first I know of. I live close to him in Drexel Hill PA so I would like to compare notes.

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

In a post 12/6/12 on the teslamotors forum noel.smyth says that he's 85KW, P6484.

You guys are killing me ;-)

I was hoping one of us would get an email by the end of the year, but alas it seems Tesla is 100% focused on getting as many cars delivered this year - which is a good thing. I'm hoping we will hear that the first 60 will get their email within the first week of Jan. And the VINs should follow that.

Nice spotting, folks. Thanks! Jan 16th - 30th for me (P 1,620); chose factory pickup.

I forgot to mention I'll be picking it up from the factory as well. Living in Fremont, how can I not take advantage of the chance to see the factory again, this time churning out cars (last time was in October at the Beta Ride Event). Perhaps several of us on here will see each other during the tour?

Now I'm just waiting to see when Bab 5 posts on here.

Bonus! My original MVPA stated Dec-Jan, so that would mean that even with the delays they've had, my car will be coming within the original timeframe for delivery!