Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove about 15 miles with AP on the highway. No major noticeable difference from 7.1.

It seems that a TACC distance of 3 is not close enough anymore at 55mph (had to move it to 2), but maybe traffic was just more congested today...

I had this happen to me today 4-5x within 10-15min of driving. I waited until I got to my destination and rebooted the IC and CID with the brake and two scroll wheels. It's been OK since.

In a 40 mile drive today, the large display rebooted 7 times and then during a short 3 mile drive, it rebooted once. The car has been fully off for a few hours so I'll test again later.

My speculation on this is that:
  1. Late 7.1 builds increased cabin cooling to make the actual cabin temperature more in-line with the set temperature.
  2. 8.0 adds solar heating estimation, which is again increasing cabin cooling for a given setpoint.
  3. With increased compressor cooling, if you run in recirculation mode, the input air temperature to the evaporator can be much lower than if you're taking in outside air.
  4. A minimum fan speed in recirculation mode is now probably necessary to prevent the evaporator from icing, given that the input air temperature is lower in recirc mode and the compressor is cooling more due to the software changes.
If you don't need as much cooling as fan speed 4, use fresh air mode. Yes, I know that means possible odors from outside, but that's what the HEPA filter (Bioweapon defense mode) is for in the X and the newer model S builds.

Thanks for that but yeah the exhaust fumes are nauseating as I drive a '13 P85+ with no advanced filtration :/

How will this differ from current "camper" mode -- shift to N, turn on parking brake via Controls -- which leaves car turned on, including HVAC?

In some countries you cannot turn off the head lights unless you are in P (park).
Also the 'camper mode' requires to be in neutral so the car cannot be connected to a charger. So even if you find a charger to plug in over night, you won't be able to charge if you want to use 'camper mode'.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ
The USB input is not an antiquated technology, but an important tool for those of us who want a higher quality audio experience including listening to high resolution audio files, listening to complete albums in the order they are supposed to be played, and having large libraries. Try finding playing Pink Floyd's Wall, or Chopin's Preludes in proper order over Slacker. The 7.1 interface was not great, but the 8.0 takes a major step backwards, getting rid of the alphabetical index. We should be moving forward with a search capability and the system should remember where we were, rather than taking us back to the beginning of the alphabet every time we do something new.

8.0 (2.36.108) release appears to be a really rushed, buggy even dangerous release. For those of you who have not received it yet consider yourself fortunate. My suggestion is wait for another update.

I've not seen anything that suggests it's a dangerous release, and it's clear the crashing everyone was seeing yesterday was not 8.0 but some other live information-related crash (no update needed to fix the crashing).

Reactions: jgs
I've not seen anything that suggests it's a dangerous release, and it's clear the crashing everyone was seeing yesterday was not 8.0 but some other live information-related crash (no update needed to fix the crashing).

I have. The new AP swerves all around the lanes straight across the lines into the rumble strips on straight flat highway. I know it's beta software but after 20k miles of driving previously I can't keep it on the road for more than 30-45 seconds before having to take over. Maybe this update has uncovered a problem with my radar or something but i never had the problem before so it seems very related to the update, and it quite dangerous.

People here are talking about getting warnings, which must mean that it works for some people. But i would strongly recommend not upgrading till they do a little more testing.

I finally got a message back from Tesla service so hopefully they will be able to do something, but at this point AP I'm disabling the feature for obvious safety concerns.

I have. The new AP swerves all around the lanes straight across the lines into the rumble strips on straight flat highway. I know it's beta software but after 20k miles of driving previously I can't keep it on the road for more than 30-45 seconds before having to take over. Maybe this update has uncovered a problem with my radar or something but i never had the problem before so it seems very related to the update, and it quite dangerous.

People here are talking about getting warnings, which must mean that it works for some people. But i would strongly recommend not upgrading till they do a little more testing.

I finally got a message back from Tesla service so hopefully they will be able to do something, but at this point AP I'm disabling the feature for obvious safety concerns.

You should see a service center. My 8.0 autosteering behaves identically to 7.1. So close that I can't identify a measurable difference. Spent 15 minutes on the highway this morning. Solid the whole way.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike