Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot constantly failing due to firmware bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my 2022 Model 3 LR for a little over a year. Ever since I got the car I've been experiencing problems with the standard ver of autopilot (not enhanced) intermittently failing. I notice it's out when I start my car and on the screen all I see is my car and no other cars or traffic. This disables cruise control, disables the ability to see other traffic around you, disables auto turn signal shutoff, and collision alerts. The only way to restore autopilot is to perform a camera calibration in the service menu. A real pain since calibration only really works if you're driving in the middle lane on a freeway for up to 25 miles. I've made multiple service appointments for this but Tesla cancels them all informing me "this is due to a known software firmware issue we're working on but have yet to resolve". Absolutely ridiculous... To my knowledge not all Model 3's experience this, I'm sure if they did it would have been fixed a long time ago. What makes my car different from others that don't have this problem? Hardware, yet Tesla won't admit it's hardware or computer related. They advised me to "cycle the charge port before entering the car" which means manually open the charge port then let it close. They said this has helped some customers, I tried it and it doesn't help me. I lose autopilot functionality about every 10 days and I'm fed up. Has anybody else with a Model 3 with standard autopilot experienced this? Very curious.

I've owned my 2022 Model 3 LR for a little over a year. Ever since I got the car I've been experiencing problems with the standard ver of autopilot (not enhanced) intermittently failing. I notice it's out when I start my car and on the screen all I see is my car and no other cars or traffic. This disables cruise control, disables the ability to see other traffic around you, disables auto turn signal shutoff, and collision alerts. The only way to restore autopilot is to perform a camera calibration in the service menu. A real pain since calibration only really works if you're driving in the middle lane on a freeway for up to 25 miles. I've made multiple service appointments for this but Tesla cancels them all informing me "this is due to a known software firmware issue we're working on but have yet to resolve". Absolutely ridiculous... To my knowledge not all Model 3's experience this, I'm sure if they did it would have been fixed a long time ago. What makes my car different from others that don't have this problem? Hardware, yet Tesla won't admit it's hardware or computer related. They advised me to "cycle the charge port before entering the car" which means manually open the charge port then let it close. They said this has helped some customers, I tried it and it doesn't help me. I lose autopilot functionality about every 10 days and I'm fed up. Has anybody else with a Model 3 with standard autopilot experienced this? Very curious.
My 2022 x does this every day. Called tea for refund of my FSD monthly. And they just push me to service. And service says it’s software etc …. Once I cancelled the FSD I don’t have any issues driving. So it’s all FSD software . Still no credit or refund. Frustrating

it’s software etc …. Once I cancelled the
My 2022 x does this every day. Called tea for refund of my FSD monthly. And they just push me to service. And service says it’s software etc …. Once I cancelled the FSD I don’t have any issues driving. So it’s all FSD software . Still no credit or refund.
Frustrating
My 2022 x does this every day. Called tea for refund of my FSD monthly. And they just push me to service. And service says it’s software etc …. Once I cancelled the FSD I don’t have any issues driving. So it’s all FSD software . Still no credit or refund. Frustrating
to be clear, I don't have FSD, my issue is with the standard auto drive, not enhanced auto drive or FSD.

Not sure if this is related. Bought M3LR mid 2022. Everything worked fine up until mid August update.
Sentry mode, Live View and auto steer feature no longer work. Tried all the easy things: Cleaned cameras/reformatted USB/Rebooted.
Last week I took it in for service, they reloaded updates and it worked.....for one day.
Now it is back in for service again. Very frustrating as sentry mode missed someone striking the car worth 1K$ in damage.......

Not sure if this is related. Bought M3LR mid 2022. Everything worked fine up until mid August update.
Sentry mode, Live View and auto steer feature no longer work. Tried all the easy things: Cleaned cameras/reformatted USB/Rebooted.
Last week I took it in for service, they reloaded updates and it worked.....for one day.
Now it is back in for service again. Very frustrating as sentry mode missed someone striking the car worth 1K$ in damage.......
Sorry to hear this, sounds like different issues than what I'm experiencing except that it's all is software related. It's unacceptable that Tesla who prides itself on hi tech allows such buggy software in their cars so they don't work as advertised. Unacceptable that their response is "we don't have a software fix right now, but we may, someday in the future" ridiculous. Today I'm going to call a "Lemon lawyer" to get help

Reactions: gtgarner
My car has this issue as well!! It was fine until software update and it now detects all cameras like normal but none of the cameras will calibrate. it’s really frustrating. no autopilot, no summon, no FSD (navigate on autopilot) and I have the package / premium connectivity. When I held down the Tesla model 3 while home parked for 10 seconds. It brings up the car service mode.

This is what showed up. Autopilot ECU was shut down. Like disabled. So no camera will calibrate above 0% to complete the sensor check. i got my home service appointment on the 16th so hopefully it works with manual usb firmware update to fix the issue. 😓

Attachments

• IMG_8512.jpeg
    IMG_8512.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 98
My car has this issue as well!! It was fine until software update and it now detects all cameras like normal but none of the cameras will calibrate. it’s really frustrating. no autopilot, no summon, no FSD (navigate on autopilot) and I have the package / premium connectivity. When I held down the Tesla model 3 while home parked for 10 seconds. It brings up the car service mode.

This is what showed up. Autopilot ECU was shut down. Like disabled. So no camera will calibrate above 0% to complete the sensor check. i got my home service appointment on the 16th so hopefully it works with manual usb firmware update to fix the issue. 😓
Hey, I am curious if you ever got this issue resolved? Mine is doing the EXACT same thing as yours 2021 MS LR