Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does reboot but myself and others have found ghost conditions that seem to need a power off/on or panel reboot when things don't seem correct after and OTA SW update.
How are you doing a full power off/on vs the normal panel and IC reboots? I've had my S for two years, and spent countless hours on this forum but I don't think I've paid attention to how to do that.

2.17.37 seems to have added some minor problems to my MX.
  • I get a Key No Longer Inside - Car Will Not Restart error for no apparent reason. Goes away after a while.
  • I don't have auto present turned on. While standing right next to the door, it does not unlock until I press the door levers. Often times I have to press it twice to open.
  • On a few occasions the driver side FWD shows an error that there is an obstacle detected and the door only opens 1 foot and stops. I don't mess with it and decide to wait until I get home to mess with it. I'd hate to have anyone on the street see my pricey toy have doors that don't function. By the time I get home, it fixes itself and I don't really know how.
  • Driver side doors intermittently only opens up 1/3 of the way and stops without obstructions.
Not a really big deal but hoping the next software updates fixes these little annoyances. Anyone else?

How are you doing a full power off/on vs the normal panel and IC reboots? I've had my S for two years, and spent countless hours on this forum but I don't think I've paid attention to how to do that.
Although usually not needed, you can power off Model X while you are still sitting in the driver’s seat. Touch Controls > E-Brake & Power Off > Power Off. Model X automatically powers back on again if you press the brake or touch anywhere on the touchscreen.

Page 41.

Reactions: ohmman
2.17.37 seems to have added some minor problems to my MX.
  • I don't have auto present turned on. While standing right next to the door, it does not unlock until I press the door levers. Often times I have to press it twice to open.
Not a really big deal but hoping the next software updates fixes these little annoyances. Anyone else?
See my post right above. Try Power Off.

@aesculus - yep, always manual restart both screen and instrument after every software update. unfortunately no luck. the walk away door lock almost nipped me in the butt cheeks today. i'm guessing it has something to do with the distance of my key fob to the vehicle?
The power off is not the same as a reboot of the displays. But no guarantee this will solve your problem, but it did mine.

I have this same issue, as I mentioned above. I'm having my SC look at it next week, along with a list of other small items.
This could be low battery in the fob. Batteries died in both my fobs two days after car delivered. You can open the fob and test voltage. Battery only available online for me. Good to have a few for back-up. CR2354 3V

It's not the fob batteries. Too many people reporting the same issue in just the past few days since the most recent firmware update. We replaced our batteries to test and still have this intermittent problem with "Key no longer inside" appearing (and sometimes preventing the car from being put into D or R).

Reactions: loganintx
I had my X for less than 2 weeks... tonight got the 3rd SW update, and each had the same Release Notes. I didn't note the other release numbers past the 7.1 Version. The latest was 2.17.95 (seems to be the latest being reported here).

Why the multiple updates with no Release Note changes? Are these just minor fixes to a release?

Secondly, I have to set my music selection each time I get in the X. When I leave and return, I have to select the same source, volume and everything again. Is there a way to "keep" my selection??

Reactions: stevezzzz
I had my X for less than 2 weeks... tonight got the 3rd SW update, and each had the same Release Notes. I didn't note the other release numbers past the 7.1 Version. The latest was 2.17.95 (seems to be the latest being reported here).

Why the multiple updates with no Release Note changes? Are these just minor fixes to a release?

Secondly, I have to set my music selection each time I get in the X. When I leave and return, I have to select the same source, volume and everything again. Is there a way to "keep" my selection??

That's weird - I'm pretty sure everything in mine (in terms of audio) stays the same. Did you save the station to a favorite slot? Might help...

That's weird - I'm pretty sure everything in mine (in terms of audio) stays the same. Did you save the station to a favorite slot? Might help...

I usually use the USB input. Whether I use USB or Radio, when I return there is no selection, so I have to go through the selection process again. The radio station are saved, so I can select the station by touching the favorite. I have to tell the X I want Radio or USB or Bluetooth each time.