Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well since the model x specs state that lane holding is part of the features and not (coming soon), my money is on V7 release on 9/28 and model x delivary on 9/29

Hasn't it already been pretty much discussed to death in other threads that what Tesla says on its web site is not always to be relied on? Yet here we are relying on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Elon is cracking the whip to have it releases before his talk show appearance on Set 9. Great publicity, will want to talk about it

Doubt many who will watch Colbert will care about software release dates.

Hasn't it already been pretty much discussed to death in other threads that what Tesla says on its web site is not always to be relied on? Yet here we are relying on it.

Point taken. Not to be insensitive but it's almost akin to a abusive relationship.... I keep holding out hope that Tesla will change... maybe this time they will ship a product with what they say it will have.

Surprising we dont have a video of the UI while someone is driving yet...

It's not that surprising.

People talked about "leaks" as if they came from people in the EAP (the official beta testing program), but personally, since we hadn't seen leaks from that group before, I didn't think that's what we had been seeing. Many of the people who did post photos said they had cars that were not part of the testing program, and concluded that they probably received the software by mistake. Some of those people posted to say the software had been pulled from their cars via another update.

If the pictures really had come from people in the official testing program, then yes, it would be surprising, but that would have been surprising as well, in and of itself.

Given everything that's been opined in this thread, I sincerely hope that Tesla simply offers us a "Classic" or "New" option to switch between the different interfaces. Hopefully (!) their code is modular enough to allow multiple interfaces on top of the real code that does the hard work.

Also, one thing the power/regen graph does is allow me to easily explain to non-Tesla people who are giving my car a test drive how that actually works, and how integrated "one pedal driving" actually is. By moving it off to the side and reducing the size and scale, it becomes a secondary thing in the minds of people who are driving the car for the first time. I think this is a big loss.

Yes, the option to go back and forth would be great.

Thread is back! I was wandering where this thread went - sure it has got some negatives in it, some positive ideas for improvement as well, but shouldn't be removed I'd hope for any of those reasons.

Looking forward to a 7.0 Release (non-beta) thread soon! :)

My luck it'll roll out tomorrow Tue, since I'm without my MS Tue-Thr getting a scratch repainted/fixed :-/