Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went from 2.4.235 to 250 this morning.

got 250 yesterday evening.
noticed this morning reversing out of driveway that the slow-speed reversing (dual motor) was less 'jerky' than in the past.
(i suspect at low speed its hard for them to sync the speed front/rear between two motors of different sizes at different rpm/reduction ratios, think they may have now nailed that)

Don't I wish... Nope, it's still 6.2, sub-version 2.4.250 like other reports so far.

Release notes don't seem changed from 2.4.236, so no new features either:

IMG_9639.jpg

IMG_9641.jpg

While a bunch of people are reporting 2.4.250, my car updated to 2.4.249 last night (update notification was around 5 PM yesterday). Curious.

Perhaps Tesla didn't think I needed the alleged improved climate control behavior since I don't live down south. :frown:

have purchased autopilot, and been updated to .249 --- not the latest .250

TACC has been working since .238, and each update tweaks the smoothness of the traffic follow. Works fine for me.

Are there any with the paid-for Autopilot hardware that do not have the
existing TACC "autopilot" function available to use?
If so, what revision of the Tesla S software do you have?

So we have one report that .250 improves the climate control behavior. (Fan goes to full speed when you set an A/C temp until that temp is reached). Can anyone else confirm?

The climate control is not fixed in .250 on my car. The problem is tricky as in the morning the air conditioning works great, but during the hottest times of the day is when it doesn't react appropriately.

In my experience they can push a patch which self installs and leaves no record that I could see yet changed behaviour. I believe it's used for occasional bug fixes or for correcting things which get out of sync.

The patch might have just affected the climate control ECU, so if it were possible to get the firmware version of the climate control ECU then you could see the difference. It's probably a separate development series than the main firmware.

FWIW, the trouble ticket I got back with my car describes the release as 2.4.249U so apparently there is a subrelease field they don't usually show us.