Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speed assist has allowed you to set it to show the speed limit as offset from what it actually is. This also allows you to do a long pull on the cruise stalk and have the cruise adjust to whatever the speed assist is showing. That's been there basically since day one with autopilot cars.

Ok that isn't the same as the car detecting that the speed limit has changed from 60 to 45 and the cruise control adjust accordingly.

I wouldn't mind if they did a 6.3 with auto speed, auto parking and the option of manual cruise.
Honestly I don't have too high hopes for auto steering especially in winters.

Kutta, don't say that the honeymoon period is over! You'll get AP, just give it time. However, I am sure others w/ AP-capable cars would also agree with you that it would be nice to have the option of manual cruise. The support has to be there for people who buy new cars w/o the AP convenience package enabled.

Kutta, don't say that the honeymoon period is over! You'll get AP, just give it time. However, I am sure others w/ AP-capable cars would also agree with you that it would be nice to have the option of manual cruise. The support has to be there for people who buy new cars w/o the AP convenience package enabled.

Well I do love the car still. But I am frustrated with the INEXCUSABLE delays of autopilot. Every single time I am behind the wheel, I think - damn autopilot would be so fine on this road. But nope, I have to do the mindless soul killing job of steering.

I wonder though, if you don't get the latest tech package with autopilot in the new cars, do you get TACC, or do you just get normal cruise control? I would think having the option of normal cruise would be essential in snow. In fact, I see this as such a huge booboo, I wouldn't be surprised if v7 gives us the option of normal cruise.

So I'm thinking it'd be like,

Default Autopilot ..
automatically degrades to .. TACC (when auto not available).
automatically degades to .. Cruise (when TACC not available).

That would be hella cool!

Last edited:
Yep, .253 just installed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437470033.067835.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437470042.682370.jpg

I too am annoyed by the lack of AP 9 months after it was announced. But to those hyperbolicly saying this situation is inexcusable recall that this software feature is safety critical. A malfunction or inaccurate execution of autopilot will result in at least an expensive visit to the body shop and at most death. I don't want them to cut corners testing do you? Admittedly they may have been over optimistic in their software's ability to gauge roadway lanes in all conditions. That's obviously the source of the delay. I for one am glad they are taking this as seriously as it needs to be.
And as we in the engineering biz say: "All software is broken until proven otherwise."

Got .253 this morning as well for my "classic" (sounds so old) S85. Auto Pilot? Parking Sensors? Ha, I say unto you. My vehicle knows not of such things.

Took a quick glance at the updates and said out loud, "That's it?" Another update, another lack of playlist / artist / song / album / genre integration with iPods and iPhone's music app.