Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a quick glance at the updates and said out loud, "That's it?" Another update, another lack of playlist / artist / song / album / genre integration with iPods and iPhone's music app.

But think about all the bugs they are getting rid of! In theory, anyway.

I would like at least one software release to make my HVAC function like any other car out there, i.e., keep me comfortable.

Default Autopilot ..
automatically degrades to .. TACC (when auto not available).
automatically degades to .. Cruise (when TACC not available).
Getting the user experience right here is incredibly tricky. As an example, when going from my TACC car to my non-TACC car it's quite easy to forget that I have to brake for slower cars always not just when/if TACC misbehaves.

Haven't experienced that, but the car sure made a lot of clicks and snaps and crackles and pops while the .253 software was downloading and installing. My office is right next to the garage and I had the door open and could see the car and it sure made a racket. I was just relieved when it stopped and then the car worked when I took it out later.

I'm talking after the update completed several hours ago. I know during the update wierd stuff can happen. But the first time charging 12 hours after the update the handles were going crazy. Have since found out that it was only occurring while the car was unlocked and charging. Once I locked it, the handles stopped moving.

I would like at least one software release to make my HVAC function like any other car out there, i.e., keep me comfortable.

Perhaps I am imagining things, but in going from .249 to .251 my AC suddenly started putting out a lot more cold air (higher blower speed and the air out of the vents seemed colder). Too early to say if it manages set point better across a range of temperatures.

Perhaps I am imagining things, but in going from .249 to .251 my AC suddenly started putting out a lot more cold air (higher blower speed and the air out of the vents seemed colder). Too early to say if it manages set point better across a range of temperatures.

Tend to agree on the AC in .251, but then again now the it is hotter in the exterior temperature it just may be working better as it weights outside temp as a factor. But either way it seems to be cooling better and more aggressively. I just keep it set on 72 all the time and its fine now.

-T