Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new feature to report I hadn't seen posted yet - but don't actually know if it's real feature or a glitch, and didn't read the middle chunk of pages to see if it'd been reported (watched the thread for the first 20 pages or so, skimmed the last couple).

Twice now I've noticed that the door handles didn't present when I put the car in park, until I hit park again. Since 6.2 I haven't noticed that they ever presented the first press, but only specifically noticed that they *didn't* until the 2nd press in these two situations where I pulled out from the garage, then paused in the driveway for my wife to get in the car. I generally put the car back in park for her to do so because that way she doesn't have to press the handle to get it to present, and there's less warning beeps and such.

If this is a feature now, that's awesome from my point of view. Never liked that the handles popped out when you first put it in park, and you still have the option to easily present them with a simple press vs. any touch screen digging around. If it's a glitch, well it should be a feature :) If it's been around since before 6.2 and I didn't notice, well then, I should pay more attention!

I noticed that last night too. Pre-6.2, I just needed to select Park once to get the handles to pop out. Now, I need to select P twice.

I noticed that last night too. Pre-6.2, I just needed to select Park once to get the handles to pop out. Now, I need to select P twice.

That would be awesome if true. I'll have to try it out later. Always hated how they pop out like that. I've actually been in a situation in my ICE car where the second I parked, a creepy guy popped out of nowhere and yanked my door handles and tried getting in my car! Because I always have my doors locked, he couldn't get in and I quickly drove away.

The car should stay locked until I purposely unlock it.

I thought the handles presenting on 2nd press of the park button was a 6.0 or 6.1 change (undocumented in release notes) and that continuing to press park toggles between extended and retracted. Come to think of it though, I haven't remembered to try it out. Guess that's my task for tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I thought the handles presenting on 2nd press of the park button was a 6.0 or 6.1 change (undocumented in release notes) and that continuing to press park toggles between extended and retracted. Come to think of it though, I haven't remembered to try it out. Guess that's my task for tomorrow morning.

It certainly toggles on 6.1

Weird thing this morning. When I entered the car, it was showing the 6.2 release notes update screen even though I didn't see any update notification last night. I checked the firmware version, and it says 2.4.136. Now, this could be related to my service visit yesterday, but those notes clearly state 2.4.124. So either they actually installed 2.4.136 yesterday and the release notes just randomly appeared this morning, or .136 was installed automatically without user intervention. Anyone else notice .136 miraculously appear this morning?

IMG_4027.JPG

And from yesterday...

FullSizeRender 11.jpg

Weird thing this morning. When I entered the car, it was showing the 6.2 release notes update screen even though I didn't see any update notification last night. I checked the firmware version, and it says 2.4.136. Now, this could be related to my service visit yesterday, but those notes clearly state 2.4.124. So either they actually installed 2.4.136 yesterday and the release notes just randomly appeared this morning, or .136 was installed automatically without user intervention.

If they did anything with firmware it would be the latest version. When the tech went to install 6.2 he couldn't install the 2.4.124 version he already had on his laptop because 2.4.136 was available.

If they did anything with firmware it would be the latest version. When the tech went to install 6.2 he couldn't install the 2.4.124 version he already had on his laptop because 2.4.136 was available.
Not sure that's entirely true as until commasign we had no indication of AP cars like his P85D receiving .136 - so they must have been able to still install .124... but checking the tracker again, now sataponw also appears to have received .136 for his P85D... and also at a service center.

Both theories make sense. But still doesn't explain why release notes appeared this morning. Whatever they installed yesterday at noon, I took several trips after without any notifications. Only this morning did it show there had been an update.

Not sure that's entirely true as until commasign we had no indication of AP cars like his P85D receiving .136 - so they must have been able to still install .124... but checking the tracker again, now sataponw also appears to have received .136 for his P85D... and also at a service center.

I was told they could have put it in my P85D while I was in getting a tire, but that "I would be receiving it OTA soon anyway." *shrugs*

Both theories make sense. But still doesn't explain why release notes appeared this morning. Whatever they installed yesterday at noon, I took several trips after without any notifications. Only this morning did it show there had been an update.
I believe that the service center can setup an install and it then runs over night. They do that if they run out of time before you pick the car up. This has been reported before (but usually the customers were told about this).

Does this have anything to do with having the setting on for "Lock doors after driving" in the settings menu?

I doubt it, as my Drive-Away Door Lock is set to OFF.

It certainly toggles on 6.1

Doesn't work for me on 6.2 - Jerry, what are all your Vehicle settings?

Weird thing this morning. When I entered the car, it was showing the 6.2 release notes update screen even though I didn't see any update notification last night. I checked the firmware version, and it says 2.4.136. Now, this could be related to my service visit yesterday, but those notes clearly state 2.4.124. So either they actually installed 2.4.136 yesterday and the release notes just randomly appeared this morning, or .136 was installed automatically without user intervention. Anyone else notice .136 miraculously appear this morning?

Not here, still on 2.4.124. Side note - your remaining center tread is higher than inner or outer treads. I noticed the same on mine (but not quite as pronounced) when I went in for NG seats installation, then noticed the 50 PSI pressure (I thought it used to be 45).

When I asked the service manager about it, he confirmed that the new recommendation for 19" tires on the P95D is 50 psi. Could explain the uneven wear while we were running at 45 psi (under inflated).

Ah. Yes that makes sense. Was just there for tire rotation. Less than an hour.

If you don't mind me asking, why the tire rotation so early especially given that all your tires have the same remaining tread depths?

If you don't mind me asking, why the tire rotation so early especially given that all your tires have the same remaining tread depths?

Isn't it supposed to be every 5000 miles? Or does that not apply to the D's? It was just based on my experience with the previous P85 which I took in about every 5000 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely going to have to look into this...

Yep. Makes sense. Sagging tire would wear out the outer and inner faster than the center. Definitely going with 50psi for now. My guess is lots of P85D's are passing the 5000 mile mark now and Tesla is seeing enough of a trend in tire wear to change the psi recommendation.