Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, if you look back at my post I actually highlighted the "Seagate 1.5T" part...

Guess I will be a Guinea Pig on that end. I thought a 1.5 TB drive for less than $60 was a deal. I guess I'll find out if you get what you pay for.

tomas said:
Did you try unplugging usb, reboot, re plug? That should rebuild index.

Yes. I've tried moving the files into a different folder, clearing the drive and recopying the files again, unplugging/replugging, and rebooting. In my experience with the Model S's song cache from years ago (trying in vain to figure out how to get the car to forget its silly downloaded album artwork and use what's stored in the file), if I changed the file name for each of the songs, it rebuilt the cache. I think changing the name of the volume did it as well. Tonight I'll try changing the volume name and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Changed out my winter tires at the Cleve SC today. I was .179, Flashed my drive to the latest which is .200 I think. They told me just bug fixes. Nothing I'll notice.

BUT

They told me that the 6.2 update coming in the next few weeks has major torque sleep enhancements for the D cars (among the other stuff you read about). That it should increase range at least 10% for cruising. :biggrin:

Geee, as if people weren't anxious enough to get 6.2
I foresee pages and pages of "I don't have it yet" posts...
After the last torque sleep enhancement might be prudent to let others try it first. Nah, I won't be able to resist.
I think that .179 probably dialed it down a notch to make sure the various car need service issues went away. Hopefully this is an improved, more refined version of what was in .140 (with testing based on the issues found during the .140 issues).

Thanks, I'll give it a try if renaming the volume doesn't work.

Boo hoo. After renaming all files AND the volume name, I still have duplicate songs. Am I really the only one seeing this on 6.1? So weird. I was also the only one having problems with my backup camera overlaying on top of the reverse guidelines when 6.1 came out.

Maybe Tesla's trying to tell me I'm...different?

Boo hoo. After renaming all files AND the volume name, I still have duplicate songs. Am I really the only one seeing this on 6.1? So weird. I was also the only one having problems with my backup camera overlaying on top of the reverse guidelines when 6.1 came out.

Maybe Tesla's trying to tell me I'm...different?

I had a similar problem with large drive. Solved it my plugging in 2nd drive with different music and letting it index (I believe after removing first), then removing 2nd and putting back 1st for reindex. At the time I also tried both being connected in different order (USB1 vs USB2) and then removing the one I didn't want. So not sure which detail worked but using a 2nd dummy drive in one of these combinations might help.

A side comment: FLAC is wonderful on the car. But with huge numbers of songs I really miss being able to sort albums by artist (i.e. having the view with album covers but sorted by artist name, like you can easily do in most other software).

Has this bug been noted anywhere yet? I haven't found it...

In 6.1 (2.2.140):
1. Select/enter a destination in the nav app
2. Drive part of the way there
3. Re-select the same destination without cancelling the first trip (e.g. from the Recent list or from Phone Contacts or Calendar)
4. The trip energy graph will add the full distance of the trip and show a correspondingly low (wrong) arrival battery level.

In the attached picture, the total trip was about 20 km, and when I had 1.3 km left to go, I re-selected the same destination, and then the graph showed that I was 19.8 km into a 40km trip, with the battery predicted to drop from 77% to 72%.

It's easy to fix - just cancel and re-enter your destination.

IMG_0773.jpg

It also calculates the energy when you first start the trip. So if you start the trip while sitting it'll look like you're amazingly beating the range (e.g. sitting at the super charger).

I've found this helpful to determine a supercharger departure time. Shaved ~20 minutes of charging time off of my last long drive by just charging until it showed a 5% buffer.

I've found this helpful to determine a supercharger departure time. Shaved ~20 minutes of charging time off of my last long drive by just charging until it showed a 5% buffer.

I used this technique as well at my last supercharger. I ended up between -5 and -10% after the first 30 miles or so and ended up slowing down quite a bit. This was before the torque sleep on the P85D though.