Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot to post a pic of 2.2.200

2015-03-17 19.05.16-1920.jpg

So true. Allegedly they promised to improve that. I'll believe it when I see it...

Do not hold your breath! Most of these sub-releases with no notes are tweaks and fixes. If there's not a change to the UI, Tesla does not provide notes. I conjecture that is out of caution that the auto industry regulators might consider OTA bug fixes a recall, and put onerous notification and reporting requirements on them. Silliness, but when you've got majority of auto mfgs trying to do you in, who also have lobbyists and legislators in their pockets... you finish the picture!

Just learned an interesting nugget from my service advisor. At some point in time a firmware build was pinging the TPMS sensors more than necessary/required, and thus the TPMS batteries were/are degrading faster than expected. The later firmware corrected this problem. But if you have a TPMS warning, ask your advisor to pull the logs and check the battery voltages. And, no, I do not know which versions/numbers of firmware had this issue or when it was corrected.

I have a 1.5 TB Seagate HD plugged into my USB port to store all my FLAC files. Anyone else on 6.1 notice that files are getting indexed twice? Almost every song is listed twice in the media app.

I've tried rebooting (didn't fix it) and verified that there was only one set of files on the drive.

I have a 1.5 TB Seagate HD plugged into my USB port to store all my FLAC files. Anyone else on 6.1 notice that files are getting indexed twice? Almost every song is listed twice in the media app.

I've tried rebooting (didn't fix it) and verified that there was only one set of files on the drive.
How long do you think this will survive the temperatures / vibration in your car?
Anyway I had this happen with earlier releases as well. And then it randomly disappeared. So I don't think this is new in 6.1