Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Q4 call yesterday....

JB Straubel - Chief Technical Officer said ...

[FONT=&amp]" with the software release next mont"h. We should add a bunch of more functionality to the car. Right now, I’m really excited about the software release we have plan for next month - features and that are going to positively effect entire fleet and then of course we’ll add more autopilot capability.[/FONT]"
It's good he said next mont"h because we would not want to confuse that with next month. :biggrin:

Strange thing today... have firmware 2.2.140 installed. the new trip energy forecast is very useful, and surprisingly accurate... that is, until my return trip today... had an 80+ mile trip in the navigation system, and it showed no energy forecast for the trip, just 30% for the "return"... this morning, on the way out, it showed a very accurate estimate to my destination, but showed zero energy usage for the return.

I have rebooted the system, and will try again to see if this corrects the issue. reported the bug via the voice command. Last issue I had with Navigation got fixed by a reboot, so I'm praying.

Last edited:
seems to work again after reboot... second time I had to reboot to get Nav system to work properly.

Strange thing today... have firmware 2.2.140 installed. the new trip energy forecast is very useful, and surprisingly accurate... that is, until my return trip today... had an 80+ mile trip in the navigation system, and it showed no energy forecast for the trip, just 30% for the "return"... this morning, on the way out, it showed a very accurate estimate to my destination, but showed zero energy usage for the return.

I have rebooted the system, and will try again to see if this corrects the issue. reported the bug via the voice command. Last issue I had with Navigation got fixed by a reboot, so I'm praying.

I haven't found this point anywhere else so sorry if I've missed a previous discussion. I have been trying to turn off Wifi and just realized that it always turns back on when you "startup" the car. I don't know if it always used to do this and I presume that for Tesla having wifi available as much as possible is desirable; however, for me this is a pain. I have setup a connection to something called "Shaw Open" which is effectively available all over the city - presumably other regions have something similar. This means that often when I park the car, it sees a Shaw Open connection and tries to connect. Unfortunately the connection is often not particularly strong and as a result the car becomes very difficult to connect to from the app. As long as the car has at least one bar of connectivity it stops using 3G and attempts to maintain a connection to Shaw Open. Yesterday on two occasions this meant it took about 30 attempts to connect with the app and even then the connection dropped off. I forgot to leave the key fob at the mechanics where I was getting my wheels swapped so not being able to connect to the app was really annoying. As a result I turned off the wifi, not realizing that next time I drove the car, it automatically turned on the wifi again which I realized after trying to warm up the car via the app. later. For now, I'm going to remove Shaw Open as a wifi connection and I guess if I want to use it I will have to setup the connection each time and then remove it. I guess what would be most useful here is if the car switched to 3G for connections that keep fading out.

I haven't found this point anywhere else so sorry if I've missed a previous discussion. I have been trying to turn off Wifi and just realized that it always turns back on when you "startup" the car. I don't know if it always used to do this and I presume that for Tesla having wifi available as much as possible is desirable; however, for me this is a pain. I have setup a connection to something called "Shaw Open" which is effectively available all over the city - presumably other regions have something similar. This means that often when I park the car, it sees a Shaw Open connection and tries to connect. Unfortunately the connection is often not particularly strong and as a result the car becomes very difficult to connect to from the app. As long as the car has at least one bar of connectivity it stops using 3G and attempts to maintain a connection to Shaw Open. Yesterday on two occasions this meant it took about 30 attempts to connect with the app and even then the connection dropped off. I forgot to leave the key fob at the mechanics where I was getting my wheels swapped so not being able to connect to the app was really annoying. As a result I turned off the wifi, not realizing that next time I drove the car, it automatically turned on the wifi again which I realized after trying to warm up the car via the app. later. For now, I'm going to remove Shaw Open as a wifi connection and I guess if I want to use it I will have to setup the connection each time and then remove it. I guess what would be most useful here is if the car switched to 3G for connections that keep fading out.

It's always been that way

an issue im having now which ive never had before is that slacker is now refusing to play more than one song in a station saying skip limit has been released. i have a premium accout that works fine for other devices so I'm thinking this may be a TESLA bug. i havent found anythingsimilar in the threads though.

an issue im having now which ive never had before is that slacker is now refusing to play more than one song in a station saying skip limit has been released. i have a premium accout that works fine for other devices so I'm thinking this may be a TESLA bug. i havent found anythingsimilar in the threads though.

I've never seen anything about a skip limit with slacker, even with the Tesla provided account.

Interesting, on y slacker account I am able to skip as many sounds as I want! Perhaps give a call to tesla about this matter. I think this is a problem that can remedied quickly.
I want to know is is it to drive the P85D.?

so has anyone seen a difference between 0139 and 0.140? I have not seen that answer in this thread yet. Somehow this thread got twisted into something else. I understand testing A and B versions. But anyone have insight into the difference between these two updates? Thanks in advance.

I don't have WiFi set up at all and every damn day it nags me to set it up. Maybe it can see my neighbors' WiFis and thinks I know their passwords but that's not the case. I wish there was a "Don't ask again" check box on the WiFi nag screen. I'm tired of seeing it every day since whichever update first enabled WiFi.

when was the last download of .140...seems like it may have stalled?

I got 0.139 2 weeks ago, did not get anything since

I also received 0.139 about two weeks ago, whenever it was first released, and have not received any updates since. I don't think anyone has been receiving .140 for some time now.

so has anyone seen a difference between 0139 and 0.140? I have not seen that answer in this thread yet. Somehow this thread got twisted into something else. I understand testing A and B versions. But anyone have insight into the difference between these two updates? Thanks in advance.

No one has identified any specific differences between .139 and .140, as far as I know.

There were some early anecdotal reports that seemed to indicate that the torque sleep efficiency improvements might be more substantial with .140. Since no one with .139 has received .140 in quite some time it's hard to say.

I also received 0.139 about two weeks ago, whenever it was first released, and have not received any updates since. I don't think anyone has been receiving .140 for some time now.

No one has identified any specific differences between .139 and .140, as far as I know.

There were some early anecdotal reports that seemed to indicate that the torque sleep efficiency improvements might be more substantial with .140. Since no one with .139 has received .140 in quite some time it's hard to say.

I thought that they may have slowed or stopped the release. That seems like a minor red flag.

Likewise, I received .139 when it was first released a couple weeks ago and I have NOT yet received .140. I've called and emailed Tesla twice about it but they don't seem to know why and only suggest that I take the car in to the service center to get a manual .140 installation.

Have any P85D owners received .139 and then .140?

I thought that they may have slowed or stopped the release. That seems like a minor red flag.

Not necessarily.

There could be different implementations of torque sleep in .139 and .140, and Tesla could be testing them, or testing aspects of both of them in an attempt to figure out what works best, for a future firmware release.

.139 and .140 came out so close together (with some people, I believe, having received .140 without ever even having had .139) that it makes me think it could be something along these lines. Also, with the speed at which Tesla has been correcting any problems found in the firmware, if there was a problem in .140 I think they'd have already released a fix. And I think we might have heard about people experiencing issues of some kind.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with .140. I do agree Tesla has stopped pushing it out as an OTA update. I just don't know why, but am leaning towards thinking it is some sort of testing.

- - - Updated - - -

I am almost certain that some P85D owners received .139 and then very shortly thereafter received .140, while others received only .139 or only .140. (I'm talking about OTA updates only, and not including people who received any updates at service centers.) I'll start a quick poll to find out, and come back and edit this post with the link.

Edit: Poll: P85D Owners: Updated to .139 then .140, or just to .139 or straight to .140?

Last edited:

Yes, I have - within a day of each other:

2/4 - updated to 2.2.139
2/5 - updated to 2.2.140

Note that I got the notification that an update was available the previous evening, but chose to perform the upgrade around 1am of the aforementioned dates.

And even though I only had .139 for 24 hours, I've been tracking my commute data every day since late January but didn't see an improvement with .140 over .139 - please see this post for details:

Yes, I have - within a day of each other:

2/4 - updated to 2.2.139
2/5 - updated to 2.2.140

Note that I got the notification that an update was available the previous evening, but chose to perform the upgrade around 1am of the aforementioned dates.

And even though I only had .139 for 24 hours, I've been tracking my commute data every day since late January but didn't see an improvement with .140 over .139 - please see this post for details:

Go vote on the P85D Owners: Updated to .139 then .140, or just to .139 or straight to .140? thread. I did, and I'm the only .139 + .140 guy.