Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving via Navigation yesterday and noticed my next turn was 4.7 miles, and still 4.7, and still 4.7. "The heck with that!" about 1/4 mile before the turn I reverted to manual routing by the seat of my pants. After arriving at my destination and before leaving again I noticed the GPS position was updating once again.

But then I had a problem I've never had before. Had left the car parked a few hours with the rear hatch open. Button to close the hatch responded with a beep-beep and no motion. Finally manually closed the hatch. As it got almost closed the motors kicked in and clamped it shut. Then rear switch successfully opened it again, and button closed it. But getting in the car and booting it, using the center console to close the hatch, nothing worked. Just beep-beep with no message as to what the car thought was wrong.

The Beep-Beep usually happens when it is obstructed and cannot be closed. Could it be that the long open duration set in some mild resistance in the piston?

updated to .43 variant last night. no difference in my normal 80%ish charge (157 mi) as a matter of fact, since i sched'd it to run in the middle of the night, i got the pre-update notifcation that charge was complete to 157 mi, then another notification after the update of the same 157 mi since i guess it triggered a charge after the update. so no change there.

no other changes noticed thus far, but only drove it to work. at least the gps wasnt stuck, it had been getting stuck daily of late. so will see if this was indeed fixed, or just havent run into it yet. damn i hope it was fixed.

i did try to test out the 'hatch close speed' after i parked at work. i just opened and closed it while i was standing outside the car. i can say it doesnt accelerate the last couple inches before closing, but then it didnt slow down either. i seem to recall it slowing slightly before. so i may try another test while in the car later as i may be able to tell a difference more easily from inside. but i'll say it didnt slam shut the last inches...

One new "feature" of 6.0 that I noticed the other day is that you cannot close the sunroof if driving on the freeway. It gives you an "unable to select this position at this speed. slow down" error if you try to close it at freeway speeds. It doesn't seem to have a problem going to the vent position so I'm not sure why they though it was bad to fully close at hight speeds.

Because that can damage the sunscreen. I closed it once on the freeway and needed a new window seal afterwards.

Just got my replacement P85 on Tuesday. On 1.67.43, I notice that if I hold both scroll wheels down to reboot, both displays go black, but the Tesla logo never appears and the displays don't turn back on until I open, then close the doors. Anyone else seeing this?

That started happening with either 5.9.12 or 6.0. Don't like it since it's hard to tell when reboot has started...

i updated to 1.67.43 from 1.67.42 on Thursday evening after I got home. I noticed yesterday that the car was not going to sleep. It appears .43 changes the default energy savings to "nightly" with "allow connectivity" checked. I switched it back to always sleep and unchecked that box (although I need to try the box checked for a few days to see how much battery use it results in)... Mental note taken to check that setting after every update now...

After the .43 the navigation system messed up. It would start to navigate and then go away (crash). A reboot fixed it, but I don't know for how long. Also USB music sometimes stutters. (This happened a few months ago so it appears to be a reintroduced bug)

Beeping Bug?

Never had this one before....

Car started sounding warning beeps on entering (hadn't even attempted to put it in drive), no warnings or alerts, all doors closed, seatbelts fastened etc. Beeping continued even while driving, the whole time with no alerts.

Reboot fixed it for now. On 1.67.28

Last edited by a moderator:
One new "feature" of 6.0 that I noticed the other day is that you cannot close the sunroof if driving on the freeway. It gives you an "unable to select this position at this speed. slow down" error if you try to close it at freeway speeds. It doesn't seem to have a problem going to the vent position so I'm not sure why they though it was bad to fully close at hight speeds.

I can understand (perhaps) bug fixes not being in the release notes but for something like this they should let owners know of the change.