Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point @murph. If it helps you drive smoother, it is good. You may get flamed here for not having the right foot to manage hwy regen on normal, but I see your point, gonna test it for me.

And me, I only got around 700 miles down so far, I really like regen LOW on the expressway (unless dense traffic). Sure, flame me, maybe when I get more experienced I will use normal regen for all type of driving.

Seems 6.0 is coming to Hong Kong now - finally! Everything in Hong Kong is behind the rest of the Tesla World - existing markets anyway (Hear you, Australia, New Zealand and others!)

I would think there is a safety issue in providing any hand operated means of switching regen between high and low in flight.

Imagine a stop being needed with quite firm deceleration: releasing the accelerator is natural and essential; any additional hand action to increase regen will delay the time for the firmer braking which the road situation requires.

i would encourage people to treat the accelerator pedal as just that toggle. Release quickly = regen high; release in part to say the midway point = regen low.

Just like some people like creep (I don't, but I would have liked a hill holder which stays on until you touch the accelerator). The car can be customised to suit different preferences - I wasn't asking for this to be a forced feature for all, just an option.

5.9 added a hill holder. Brake remains applied about a second or until you depress the accelerator. Wasn't there in 5.8 which would beep at you and disable the accelerator if you tried to press brake at the same time as one might do in a conventional vehicle to move off a hill without rolling backwards.

I searched the forum for a software update that I got an hour ago and no one seems to have mentioned it. It's still v6.0 but release# 1.67.43

Anyone knows anything about it?

Are you SURE you transcribed correctly? A bunch of people have reported 1.67.42. It would be very unusual (first time) for that build number to just increment by 1.

I think the "low regen is more efficient" idea comes from using cruise control in hilly terrain. Low regen limits the CC's ability to slow the car downhill, allowing you to bring above-target speed into the ascent. If you're really trying to hypermile, though, you'll override the CC on the downhills to minimize regen, allowing the speed to rise, but that's more work.

For those who scoffed at 6.0 "name your car" feature, some of us are having fun with it, now approaching 200 posts in

What's your 6.0+ car name (if you are willing to share?)

My guess: there's a "personalization" theme that TM has prioritized and will pursue further in HW and SW updates to differentiate the car. Preferences in controls, preferences in shortcuts (thumb wheel), preferences in dash configuration, personalized air suspension raise points, expanded "locations" capability, remembering where you have charged, calendar integration, "knowing" your commute... probably more I'm not thinking of, and expecting more to come.

Name is a pretty gratuitous feature, but important to the theme.

I'm still on glitchy 5.12. It's become a morning routine to look for the notice when I load up to head to the office. Don't know what I will do for fun after I get the update.

Given that you don't have a new config Model S, I would find it inexcusable that Tesla is still holding you on 5.12. Call ownership and demand 6.0 - you must have fallen through a hole in their system.