Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! I'm so happy that she's ok.

To continue with your point, I went down a depressed rabbit hole looking at other cars last night. 911 Turbo, 296 GTB, etc..etc.. In the end I circled back to just waiting forevereveververver for the new Tesla Roadster because I didn't want to put my family in something less safe.

I travel a lot for business. A LOT. I have to rent a lot of cars, I do EVs when that option is available at something the CPA won't balk at.

The driving experience, for EVERY other car on the road, without any exceptions, is inferior to Tesla.

Most can't get their *sugar* straight and the infotainment / OS for the car sucks (*cough* VW I'm looking at you *cough*) or the range sucks, or the charging network blows (seriously, go try to do a multi-state trip, on a timeline, using Electrify America chargers).

Tesla is THE ONLY company that checks all the boxes. Everything else, is a compromise.

Maybe in 30 years. Do you honestly think people are going to care about today?

Hell, they don’t care about dieselgate or VW/BMW being started by actual Nazis.

The potential customer base will absorb this “loss” in the short term and will be forgotten in the long term.
VW actually tried to repair their image. There was a little self awareness there. Elon is not going to stop.

N=1 data point. Take that for what it is worth.

My wife was in a serious accident last night about 10PM coming back from a house call, in our 2013 Model S. Even back in 2013, safest car on the road, bar none.

Car is totaled after multiple 360-degree spins and hitting two barricades. She got out, and walked away from that accident with zero injuries. The CHP officers on the scene were impressed the car didn't roll and that the occupant was so well protected.

Guess what will be replacing that car?
HINT: Another car also rated the safest car made; and the top 4 safest cars made - are all made by one company, Tesla.

When the rubber hits the road, most of us don't care about the political mumblings of the CEO. Safety matters most. Anything else, that's a compromise. Those that want to make that compromise, have at it.
Guess your wouldn't need the engraving

"I bought a Bolt EV to boycott Tesla" on her tombstone.

Except Kevin looks out for Kevin (is EXTREMELY fickle) and what he says about republicans is not true.

Ultimately will be fine.
ever spent a daily 15min on FoxNews dot com ? there is usually *at least* one daily article anti-EV high up on their page.... exploding Tesla's after hurricane in Florida, job cuts at Stellantis "due to green push to EVs" , EVs being too expensive and elitist , EVs getting stranded in the cold , EVs overburdening the grid... the only positive articles are about Elon and what he is tweeting... not about EVs. Never mind the strong opposition in the Republican party to infrastructure investments and funding for charging stations (meanwhile - oil and gas subsidies are totally cool).

That’s rich.

It’s only a troll if you choose to be aggrieved and regarding punching down, most of what I see is EM dunking on those who drew first blood.

The megaphone has been passed on.

Learn it, Live it, Love it.
For those of you hard of hearing in the back of the room, I MYSELF JUST SAID THAT THE MEGAPHONE HAS BEEN PASSED ON.

I don't think that being a boorish bully ultimately paid off for Trump and I have my doubts that it'll turn out better for Musk.

I travel a lot for business. A LOT. I have to rent a lot of cars, I do EVs when that option is available at something the CPA won't balk at.

The driving experience, for EVERY other car on the road, without any exceptions, is inferior to Tesla.

Most can't get their *sugar* straight and the infotainment / OS for the car sucks (*cough* VW I'm looking at you *cough*) or the range sucks, or the charging network blows (seriously, go try to do a multi-state trip, on a timeline, using Electrify America chargers).

Tesla is THE ONLY company that checks all the boxes. Everything else, is a compromise.
However you can't proudly call yourself a fighter for holocaust survivors everytime you are stranded in a non Tesla. See non Tesla owners are fighting fascism waiting in line for the only working EA charger while you support Hitler while watching Netflix in your car.

ever spent a daily 15min on FoxNews dot com ? there is usually *at least* one daily article anti-EV high up on their page.... exploding Tesla's after hurricane in Florida, job cuts at Stellantis "due to green push to EVs" , EVs being too expensive and elitist , EVs getting stranded in the cold , EVs overburdening the grid... the only positive articles are about Elon and what he is tweeting... not about EVs. Never mind the strong opposition in the Republican party to infrastructure investments and funding for charging stations (meanwhile - oil and gas subsidies are totally cool).
I can find those articles on yahoo.com.

Hell, I’ve even seen plenty of anti-Tesla on CNN.

Granted, Fox News is “worse” but others are not little angels here.

The EV government infrastructure plan will be a boondoggle. Just will be filled with half baked, crappy solutions. They should back the Tesla network. Or better yet, not at all. Tesla will organically grow.

Except they as of last month said Elons character will drive away advertisement dollars from twitter permanently and will require him to continue to sell tsla shares to fund the sinking ship.

So maybe they are right about something but always forget he is a master entrepreneur. So the part they are right about is always immaterial..lol.

I wish he'd define exactly what he means by "the woke mind virus" and what defeating it actually looks like. ie what is his end game? I think it would be helpful if he spelled that out.

What bothers me about this is the implication that it doesn't matter it Tesla and SpaceX fail if the "woke mind virus" hasn't been defeated yet in his mind.

California sales data is the best proxy for demand for Tesla cars among American liberals.
Yes, and worth watching what happens going forward as it's likely still too soon for recent events to have measurable results on sales. The problem of course is it's completely insane that we have to even consider this issue as it's completely unnecessary and something a responsible CEO would never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.