Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so now people are too simple to not have a Twitter account, turn on the nightly news, think for themselves, divorce themselves from that which they disagree vehemently about -

*looks around the room*.

Yep, you might be onto something.
Yup, I am. There were a lot of folks over on the other thread swooning over all those great charts and happy talk about robot profits who bought in at $1000-1100 pre-split. They weren’t thinking for themselves. They wandered into a thought bubble kinda like Elon has.

That doesn’t look like a promise to me but I won’t give you too much grief about it.

Our biasedness shows up here. I don't see how a comment stating:
"Massive Red Wave in 2022" doesn't sound like he thinks there's a massive red wave in 2022? What am I missing?

I guess I'm biased through my own rose colored lenses.

Edit: Like I will gladly admit I'm an idiot if this Twitter thing totally takes off, at least someone should admit they were wrong when they are (I just saw no red wave). They couldn't even win the Senate and some Republicans felt there were going to be 55 Republicans.

1st link I found:

Our biasedness shows up here. I don't see how a comment stating:
"Massive Red Wave in 2022" doesn't sound like he thinks there's a massive red wave in 2022? What am I missing?

I guess I'm biased through my own rose colored lenses.
Looks more like he thinks that will be the case or that he hopes it will be the case (a stretch) — Promise though? That’s a taller tale than robotaxi being operational three years ago.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Maybe Elon getting booed by an entire stadium full of people at Dave Chappelle's show last night will serve as a bit of a wakeup call. Probably not, but one can hope.

Last edited:
I am glad to know that one man on earth, Elon has all the business, marketing, sales and customer service and retention solutions mastered. He is a cowboy and makes no mistakes and those he does will all never impact the company in the future. Never thought I would think this but I would love to see a new CEO and let Elon go play in his toy room and not talk to others. I also don't think he gets the best advice from some of his friends.

Maybe Elon getting booed by an entire stadium full of people at Dave Chappelle's show last night will serve as a bit of a wakeup call. Probably not, but one can hope.
Yes hopefully he wakes up and brings Twitter to Texas and away from an an expensive, crime ridden place where he no longer feels represented but is still taxed like he is.

Would help if Elon could define "woke" and why he's against it so vehemently. Of course, none of the "anti-woke" crowd can be bothered to define it. Much easier to just use a vague term to drum up some made up boogyman.

As for the booing, I believe a famous CEO once said, "Vox Populi, Vox Dei." Of course, that CEO left out quite a bit of context related to that quote, but eh, facts don't matter anymore.
As I alluded to, the Chinese citizen is pretty much woke-free. There are no social justice warriors, no activists, no partisan blabbering about nonsense. Everyone just want to better their lives through their own hard work. The Chinese rarely blames anything for their own destiny except themselves. No one plays victim hood like they are being marginalized and require any social warrior justice to help them either.

Now I'm not saying woke free is great either. It's high in productivity and there are people who suffers but are used to it. Like for example, are Chinese people racist? Yes 99% of them are racist or classest. People are being marginalized, just that no one complains about it. There are millions of people who are being treated unfairly, except they don't complain but just accept the way it is.

What is going on in the US is woke gone wild. It's way overdone to the point that nothing can be done anymore before someone calls you a slave driving fascist. This needs to be toned down.

I am glad to know that one man on earth, Elon has all the business, marketing, sales and customer service and retention solutions mastered. He is a cowboy and makes no mistakes and those he does will all never impact the company in the future. Never thought I would think this but I would love to see a new CEO and let Elon go play in his toy room and not talk to others. I also don't think he gets the best advice from some of his friends
As I alluded to, the Chinese citizen is pretty much woke-free. There are no social justice warriors, no activists, no partisan blabbering about nonsense. Everyone just want to better their lives through their own hard work. The Chinese rarely blames anything for their own destiny except themselves. No one plays victim hood like they are being marginalized and require any social warrior justice to help them either.

Now I'm not saying woke free is great either. It's high in productivity and there are people who suffers but are used to it. Like for example, are Chinese people racist? Yes 99% of them are racist or classest. People are being marginalized, just that no one complains about it. There are millions of people who are being treated unfairly, except they don't complain but just accept the way it is.

What is going on in the US is woke gone wild. It's way overdone to the point that nothing can be done anymore before someone calls you a slave driving fascist. This needs to be toned down.
Yes, China is a paradise for its citizens and a shining beacon of freedom and rationality...
It may look great to a CEO to have workers locked into a culture of 6-day, 12 hour work weeks (look up 9-9-6) and sleeping in dorms at the factory. But perhaps not so wonderful for the vast majority. At least they get to enjoy that day off in the midst of a surveillance-happy police state.
Is that what humans are here for? Is this the light of light of human consciousness Elon is trying to save by defeating wokeness and colonizing Mars?
Seems like a bit of a let down.
“Hey thanks for saving us Elon! Oh... wait...uhhhh...."

Last edited:
California sales data is the best proxy for demand for Tesla cars among American liberals.

The sample size is giant, more so than for any other state that publishes automotive sales data.

It’s comprehensive for all sales in the state which drastically reduces risk of potential bias inherently present in, for example, people posting anecdotes on an Internet forum or brand surveys.

It’s representative because we know most of the sales are going to the Bay Area and SoCal which are some of the most left-leaning regions of the entire USA.

What do these sales tell us?

• Tesla sales are up 130% in the last two years in California despite prices being up by like $10k or more compared to 2020.
  • There is still a multi month backlog in California.
  • 11% market share and rising
  • 50%+ luxury market share
  • New sales records in California quarter after quarter after quarter
  • Model Y #1, M3 #2 best-selling vehicles of any kind in California
  • Tesla is now the #2 best-selling brand (by number of vehicles, not revenue) in the state, after Toyota.
    • Toyota is leading by ~50k units in 2022, but that includes 35k Tacoma and Tundra pickup trucks sold and 20k Highlander large 3-row SUVs, which are segments Tesla doesn’t serve yet. Tesla is on pace to be the #1 brand in CA in 2023 and especially in ‘24 when Cybertruck is being made in meaningful volume.
Struggling to understand the point. Are you suggesting that because sales were good before Elon lost his mind they will still be good even after increasingly crazy Tweets?

Not really a promise, more a "here's my prediction" and it ended up being very, very wrong.
Apparently it takes more than 50% higher grocery, rent/home price and energy costs to get people riled up enough to remove accelerationists from their post. 🤷‍♂️

Of course the alternative was do-nothing bench warmers so not that shocking. The predictions were way optimistic.

• Disagree
Reactions: mach-edriver

He was apparently booed by a small percentage of those people. No need to exaggerate like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.