Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's views

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how some people can't keep two concepts that are different together. That Tesla has done and continues to do amazing things. That their leadership pushed forward those amazing things. But that those same people have also implemented some really dumb design decision and practices and that their CEO has made a very bad public turn and pushed some rather vile topics to the forefront on social media.
Can I be some people? Agreed until you got to your EDS. I love his public turn! 💯

I'm somewhat doubtful on the continuing to do amazing things part of the equation. Maybe they'll surprise us with this gen3 vehicle / model 2 / whatever they call it. But past the release of the model Y I'm not seeing anything particularly noteworthy. The 4680s ended up being duds. The Cybertruck seems to show they've forgotten what made them successful in the first place (making an EV that is straight up just a good car, but electric - rather than having polarizing design just to be different etc). No major motor developments since the Plaid. And the continued worsening of the cars driver assist suite in the pursuit of some fantasy about using cameras because humans have two eyes.

All the while - Lucid now produces a far more technically impressive motor than Tesla. Pretty much all of the high end companies have better batteries now. And others have beaten them to the punch of unattended self driving.
Tesla went from a poorly funded EV startup to the most valuable automaker in the world, and this has given them some credibility. Interesting that they are saying Tesla is now in between two growth waves: one driven by the release of Models 3 and Y in 2017 and 2020, and a second wave that would start with the model 2 platform, if they call it that. Musk said it would take "a tremendous amount of new revolutionary manufacturing technology" required, so we'll see how this unboxed strategy works out. However, it's clear they are going to be slower growth than they have been in recent years.

I hope Lucid survives. The Sapphire vanity project is a beautiful vehicle but a waste of resources when they really need a 60K crossover to build progress towards profitability. 400K lost per vehicle, by recent estimates. I hope the Gravity is great.

Classic @terranx - all the benefits of the doubt to everyone else.

You know that 9 of 10 startups fail, right? Takes good leadership.
My point is that 400k statistic is irrelevant to whether lucid will fail or succeed. It's simply the expectation with the company at their current stage. What will make or break them is the gravity.

And believe me, while I think their engineering is fantastic, if there's anything I find more vile than Elon Musk, it's Saudi. I won't shed any tears if Lucid fails. In fact I think the best outcome would be for them to fail and for one of the legacies to absorb their tech.
I did. Nothing there. Another claim without evidence or even an example.
Let me guess, only Fox News will count as a valid source?

My point is that 400k statistic is irrelevant to whether lucid will fail or succeed. It's simply the expectation with the company at their current stage. What will make or break them is the gravity.

And believe me, while I think their engineering is fantastic, if there's anything I find more vile than Elon Musk, it's Saudi. I won't shed any tears if Lucid fails. In fact I think the best outcome would be for them to fail and for one of the legacies to absorb their tech.

Let me guess, only Fox News will count as a valid source?
Something more vile than Musk? That must have been a bitter pill.

Lucid seems like they are likely to fail. Mostly due to mismanagement because Lord knows they've had all the money in the world from the Saudi Fund. But the Saudi's have indicated they aren't going to fund it forever. We'll see. I think Rivian might make it, but mostly on the strength of their 140K Amazon van deal which is far more volume that the consumer vehicles.

Any source would be fine.

I did. Nothing there. Another claim without evidence or even an example.
Right there on first page. Does your computer have a mouse with a scroll wheel? They aren't as expensive as they used to be.

But have some courage and denounce these kinds of posts at least.

Reactions: SmokyPeat
Sheesh, do better @dsm363.

Musk is clearly not antisemitic, and has endorsed Israel often, and recently visited Auschwitz during a Europe trip.

Of that tweet he said "I mean, look, I’m sorry for that … post,” he said. “It was foolish of me. Of the 30,000 it might be literally the worst and dumbest post I’ve ever done. And I’ve tried my best to clarify six ways from Sunday, but you know at least I think it’ll be obvious that in fact far from being antisemitic, I’m in fact philosemitic.”

He took a different understanding of the meaning than others.

You said Elon has turned "towards endorsing racist and bigoted content" and "he's elevated hate speech online". Since he has clearly, repeatedly, and publicly disavowed the tweet you mentioned, do you have an example of him "endorsing" such content?

Sheesh, do better @dsm363.

Musk is clearly not antisemitic, and has endorsed Israel often, and recently visited Auschwitz during a Europe trip.

Of that tweet he said "I mean, look, I’m sorry for that … post,” he said. “It was foolish of me. Of the 30,000 it might be literally the worst and dumbest post I’ve ever done. And I’ve tried my best to clarify six ways from Sunday, but you know at least I think it’ll be obvious that in fact far from being antisemitic, I’m in fact philosemitic.”

He took a different understanding of the meaning than others.

You said Elon has turned "towards endorsing racist and bigoted content" and "he's elevated hate speech online". Since he has clearly, repeatedly, and publicly disavowed the tweet you mentioned, do you have an example of him "endorsing" such content?
So he retweets it to millions by saying "the actual truth" and then when there is massive blowback he does an apology? Again, use Google. You can find plenty of examples.

So do you stand behind the rise in racist and bigoted content on X or not? Should be a simple question. I'm starting to get a picture of your views here. Just wanted confirmation.

Reactions: SmokyPeat
Status
Not open for further replies.