Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Electric Motorcycles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spent last weekend hanging out at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the TTXGP/FIM e-Power International Championship race. Here is a post on AutoblogGreen with the final result and some photos. More posts to come.

The crowd seemed quite receptive to the electrics. Mostly. Mission Motors had a Mission R on display for the public to check out, which they did. Brammo had a tent with an Enertia, Enertia Pluses and an Empulse as well as their two dirt bikes. Lots of people checking that out. (There were over 150,000 people there)

Zero Motorcycles had a booth with their S, DS, XU and X, plus they were letting people take their bikes for rides. When I talked to them on Saturday they had already had about 300 people take them out.

To top it all off, I was wondering through San Jose with my friend who lives there when I spotted my first Tesla Roadster in a parking garage. Recognized it instantly from 100 yards, out of the corner of my eye. Actually, there were two of them and they belonged to the new San Jose store that was designed by Blankenship. Of course, we checked that out too. Very Apple-like.

Very awesome weekend.

mission-motors-mission-r-laguna-rapp-630.jpg

The Lithium design seems to have a lot of wasted space where more batteries could go. If they went with a more vertical shock placement, or even the traditional dual shock setup, they could carry a larger number of cells. Maybe the center of gravity would be too high.