Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ducati electric motorcycle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2020
Arkansas
I had a Zero and liked it a lot. Definitely would be interested and see if it makes it into production as something other than a Panigale type motorcycle. An electric Diavel could be cool...

I ordered a Sondors Metacycle and still waiting for it to show up. Could be great in the city where I spend most of my time now.

No, sold the zero. Range at high speeds left a lot to be desired. When I moved out of the Bay Area with it to Florida, I spent a lot more time on highways and at higher speeds. I had the 2018 SR. Around town it was awesome and easily 120-140 miles range. On the highway maybe about 80 miles.

Aerodynamics suck on a bike and limited battery room hurt the range at speed.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
No, sold the zero. Range at high speeds left a lot to be desired. When I moved out of the Bay Area with it to Florida, I spent a lot more time on highways and at higher speeds. I had the 2018 SR. Around town it was awesome and easily 120-140 miles range. On the highway maybe about 80 miles.

Aerodynamics suck on a bike and limited battery room hurt the range at speed.

I've not driven a motorcycle, though I have been passenger on a few. I'm considering buying a Zero for commuting about 60 miles round trip on 30 to 50 mph roads. But probably should get a license and comfortable riding a motorcycle first :D

For that sort of commute, the Sondors Metacycle might be an excellent choice. You can take the battery out of it to charge. I ordered when they first opened up and were 5k. They have climbed to 6k now but still seems like a great option for the money. Top speed about 80 mph or so. I think there still might be a tax incentive as well.

I've ridden about all the Zeros. I used to go about every week to test ride them when I lived by the factory. For you commute, something based on the FX series could be pretty good.

If you want to learn to ride, take a motorcycle safety class. Well worth the investment. About 2 days of classes and on bike instruction and you will learn the basics you need. The electric motorcycles make it SOOO much easier to learn to ride. I used to teach the safety classes and one of the hardest thing new riders had to come to grips with was using the clutch. A twist grip throttle was challenging for some as well.

I can't wait until there are more electric motorcycle options out there.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I own an Energica Ego, the bike Ducati's replacing in MotoE. I'm very interested in Ducati's V21L, and I'm hoping it has a liquid cooled battery but I'm not expecting it to be lighter than my bike. 21kWh battery packs aren't light!